I named it after her!

My BlackBerry is now affectionately known as JamieBerry*. I did this because she shot down the idea of getting a BlackBerry of her own : )

*Name changed to protect the innocent... whatever that means lol.
    02-23-09 10:24 PM
    buy her one, tell her to try it for a couple days. She will change her mind instantly!! No one can resist the Berry once they start using it!
    02-23-09 10:26 PM
    I still have not come up with any solution to my girlfriends hatred for my CB addiction. She just doesn't understand. (she is an iphone user).
    02-23-09 10:29 PM
    I still have not come up with any solution to my girlfriends hatred for my CB addiction. She just doesn't understand. (she is an iphone user).
    Ouch... my condolences...
    02-23-09 10:32 PM
    I had a girlfriend one time..
    02-23-09 10:36 PM
    buy her one, tell her to try it for a couple days. She will change her mind instantly!! No one can resist the Berry once they start using it!
    That is how I got my wife addicted to the blackberry pearl. I bought it for her and she has been addicted to it ever since.
    02-23-09 10:38 PM
    I am the female type with the BB. If I use it for evil (**** around time) rather than good (have it always available for him to call me) it can be taken away. That sucks cause it's my only phone -- no landline. So, I try to be very good.
    02-23-09 10:39 PM
    My GF doesn't just hate my BB, she despises it. Always complaining that it's always making sounds, and she says that I'm always messing with it, and that I don't need it. "Why can't you check your e-mail like everybody else?" And "Why do you need to get Facebook alerts on your phone?" I told her that I want to get her a pearl, she claims she doesn't want it. I sure hope that I can convince her differently...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 10:41 PM
    i agree ...
    once she gets all into it she will be on cb and all in her blackberry
    02-23-09 10:41 PM
    get a new gf
    02-23-09 10:42 PM
    get a new gf
    Now that's funny!!

02-23-09 10:50 PM
    Oh man, me and my girlfriend just got into it today about my Curve yet again. She said she hates that I have to check my phone everytime I get a new message. She literally despises me giving any type of attention to my Curve. But on the plus side she says she wants to get a Pearl, lol. Great thread!

02-23-09 11:26 PM
    I have a husband who has threatenend to throw my BlackBerry out the window. He has exiled my BlackBerry from the entertainment room. He hated it when I got my very first BlackBerry (7100g) way back when.
    I did what others have suggested- I bought my hubby his very own Bold. I was going to wait til it came in but I got cold feet and told him he was being forced to leave his att tilt (ahem-crapphone) and become a BlackBerry user.

So far- he has had it for about four days and he's bbm'd me and thanked me for his new BlackBerry.

Moral of the story- most of the people who say they "hate" or despise the berry- really just want one of their own.

02-23-09 11:40 PM
    Mine gets mad too. I really try not to touch it when she is sittind next to me on the couch.

Its so HARD not to touch it !

I started reading e books on it in bed. I said what's the difference If I read Red Storm Rising on BB or paper?

She says all the time " its just a phone why do you like it so much! "

Just a phone now that's funny!

02-23-09 11:50 PM
    Hmmmm.... I let my husband stay on his BB. I don't mind him being addicted to it, mostly because I'm just as addicted to mine. I get more calls, texts, emails and messages than he does but he has never once complained about it to me. I guess we're one of the lucky ones. Haha!
    02-23-09 11:57 PM
    My fiance and I are equally addicted. We have been a BB couple since the 7230 days. I have strayed a few times and tried all the other smartphones out there but always come back to my BB.
    02-24-09 12:09 AM
    Here's a better solution. Dump her and go out with different chicks. Get more a$$ than a toilet seat.

02-24-09 01:37 AM
    Even better solution. Recognize that the girlfriend is always more
    important than your phone. I have no idea why this is not the
    obvious answer.

Addict yourself to people you love and who love you. The phone
    is BS by comparison.
    02-24-09 01:54 AM
    Even better solution. Recognize that the girlfriend is always more
    important than your phone. I have no idea why this is not the
    obvious answer.

Addict yourself to people you love and who love you. The phone
    is BS by comparison.
    Or like I said, just dump her.

02-24-09 01:55 AM
    My GF is more addicted then me! Damn BB msger
    02-24-09 01:57 AM
    I'm assuming the OP is a young guy. Maybe somewhere around my age (25). I don't understand why guys around my age put up with a girl's complaining of anything, let alone being in a serious relationship at that age. If your phone seems to be more interesting than her then you shouldn't have a gf period. Naming a phone is as stupid as can get. But naming a phone after a chick to "satisfy" her is worse. Seriously, you think this is going to "solve" your problem? Like the next time you take out your phone while your with her she's not gonna start nagging you again? Seriously bro, you don't need that bs.

02-24-09 02:02 AM
    Or like I said, just dump her.
    I am going to go upside your head so hard That was awesome!!
    02-24-09 02:03 AM
    I know its been said before but dump her and get a gf who loves bbs. They are so hot.

02-24-09 02:10 AM
    Blackberries are hot I meant...not girls.

02-24-09 02:11 AM
    My girlfriend hates mine as well. Its constantly going off for work emails and texts, not to mention ones from friends.

When I had the Myspace & Facebook app on it, it was non-stop. I've since deleted those accounts and its helped a little bit.

But she still hates it.
    02-24-09 02:28 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD