I am so frustrated with my Pearl Verizon. I have had it for about 4 weeks now and have a love/hate relationship. Love everything about it!! and hate when all of a sudden my email stops working. And naturally when I play with it and the email setup options - takes forever until it seems to be working...and I have now lost any emails that were sent between the time it stopped working and it started again. I rely on the blackberry for business and cannot figure out why this is happening. I do the send service book deal...and get those wonderful congrats activation messages...and then no email.
    Any other tips to get this working quickly besides waiting for verizon support to open? (To be fair I have found Verizon BB support to be pretty good - which really surprised me.) But naturally this seems to always occur at night and by the time I try to resolve it myself verizon support is closed.
    Would really appreciate any help you can give...

oh - realized forgot to say I use pop email accounts - have about 4 accounts on my bb and have a trial copy of Empower Html Viewer installed.
    01-31-08 03:18 AM
    To register a BlackBerry device over the wireless network, complete the following steps:

On the Home screen, click Options, or click Settings > Options.
    Note: The location of the Options screen depends on the BlackBerry Device Software and theme you are running on your BlackBerry device.

Complete the step associated with the software version you are running:
    If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 4.1 or later, click Advanced Options > Host Routing Table.
    If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 3.7.1 to 4.0.2, click Host Routing Table.
    If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 3.0 to 3.7, click Network.
    If you are running BlackBerry Device Software 2.0 to 2.7, click Network Settings.
    Note: Some users running BlackBerry Device Software 3.7.1 might find the Register Now option on the Network screen menu.

Display the menu and click Register Now. Your BlackBerry device connects to the wireless network.
    02-10-08 12:38 PM
    Thanks so much. I thought my question went into the ether. Do I have to do this each time I have to pull the battery?
    02-10-08 01:08 PM
    No you should not have to. I would call Verizon and make sure your bb is set up properly on there netowrk first. I have not had any problems lately. Also it might be you email providers, and not the BB, who do you use.
    02-10-08 01:24 PM
    good to know it may just be in set up of bb. I use earthlink and xmission for work.
    02-10-08 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD