I just had my sotrm 9530 unlocked and my ATT service works to make phone calls but no data will work. Anybody know how to get the internet/email working???

hope this is the right place to post this I am new to the forum
    02-23-09 11:55 AM
    Go to options>status. What does the hex and dex look like?

PM me when your able to.
    Last edited by pablotoofresh; 02-23-09 at 12:47 PM.
    02-23-09 12:07 PM
    have to get my post count up to 10 to be able to PM so here it goes....
    02-23-09 01:14 PM
    02-23-09 01:15 PM
    02-23-09 01:15 PM
    02-23-09 01:32 PM
    02-23-09 01:52 PM
    Have you read this thread?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...m-95xx-107154/

If that link doesn't open look in this forum: http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/
    Last edited by SK1; 02-23-09 at 02:01 PM.
    02-23-09 01:58 PM
    02-23-09 01:59 PM
    I will let you do it for PM access, but we do not encourage posting nonsense to raise your post count.

At least, try to think of something interesting to say.
    02-23-09 02:05 PM
    sk1. if i do that will i still be able to use the net and my email on the verizon end as well? because i currently use both and i wanted to condence from 2 devices to one.
    02-23-09 02:14 PM
    If I unlock my storm and use a prepaid sim card overseas, how can I pick up data access abroad?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-09 02:22 PM
    If I unlock my storm and use a prepaid sim card overseas, how can I pick up data access abroad?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Once the phone is unlocked, you may use any valid SIM card, pretty much worldwide if you can acquire one. This is the problem. In all of the Western World, you need a local address that is verifyable to buy a SIM card. You cannot just walk into a phone store in, say France, and just buy a SIM card. Since 9/11, where Swiss SIM cards were used for some communications, everyone has tightened up on how you can buy a SIM card.

I do this all the time between my home in Switzerland and my family in the UK. I have several SIM cards BUT, I own property in both countries so whilst in the UK, I give my address as that of my mother-in-law who's house I own. This works.

I can do the same thing in Switzerland where I am a permanent resident and I am dong it in the US by having my son who lives in the US buying the AT&T cards in his name.

I cannot do this in France or any other Western country because I have no residence there.
    02-23-09 02:37 PM
    Once the phone is unlocked, you may use any valid SIM card, pretty much worldwide if you can acquire one. This is the problem. In all of the Western World, you need a local address that is verifyable to buy a SIM card. You cannot just walk into a phone store in, say France, and just buy a SIM card. Since 9/11, where Swiss SIM cards were used for some communications, everyone has tightened up on how you can buy a SIM card.

I do this all the time between my home in Switzerland and my family in the UK. I have several SIM cards BUT, I own property in both countries so whilst in the UK, I give my address as that of my mother-in-law who's house I own. This works.

I can do the same thing in Switzerland where I am a permanent resident and I am dong it in the US by having my son who lives in the US buying the AT&T cards in his name.

I cannot do this in France or any other Western country because I have no residence there.
    Hmm, really? I went to Asia last month and picked up a pre-paid phone card from 7/11. I did have to use it in a phone that was originally paid for and registered to someone who lived in Hong Kong. But they still didn't require ID or anything like that? Maybe it's different in Asia?
    02-23-09 02:58 PM
    You're wrong on this. You can pick up pay as you go sim cards from a machine at LHR arrivals for T3. You can walk into any store and buy one for cash both in the UK and in the US where I am now. What would stop anyone just giving a false address anyway. Not a worthwhile use of resources.

Your actual problem is that you need to have a data contract in whatever country you are going to so that you can then set up email. Tmobile in the US has one called flexpay that is basically pay monthly in advance.
    02-23-09 02:59 PM
    You're wrong on this. You can pick up pay as you go sim cards from a machine at LHR arrivals for T3. You can walk into any store and buy one for cash both in the UK and in the US where I am now. What would stop anyone just giving a false address anyway. Not a worthwhile use of resources.

Your actual problem is that you need to have a data contract in whatever country you are going to so that you can then set up email. Tmobile in the US has one called flexpay that is basically pay monthly in advance.
    ahh i see

i'll try and google for possible data plans in the country i wish to travel then

thanks!
    02-23-09 03:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD