I changed my housing, and all went smoothly (or so I thought). However, today, I tried to plug in my earphones, and...nothing.

The sound still comes out of the handset, but won't go through the earbuds.

Any suggestions as to how to troubleshoot it?

Thanks,

mrsding
    02-22-09 10:12 PM
    I've had an issue with my headsets since the day I got my 8330. Try having music playing, and slowly slide the headphones in. Mine don't work if they are in all the way, so I have to slide them in slowly until I hear the music and then stop. Annoying, yes, but I had my BB set up just how I liked it before trying the headphones, so I didn't wantr to take it in and then have them tell me I have to get another one.

Give this a try, and see if that doesn't do it for ya.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 10:54 PM
    I believe you are the 3rd person to have this issue after changing their housing.

Unfortunately, there is no easy fix for your problem.

02-22-09 10:59 PM
    my headphones were not working . I accidentally stumbled on a setting ( I THINK it was the equalizer) turned it off and BLAM they work fine now.
    02-22-09 11:19 PM
    yeah im having the same issue with mine.. It worked after i changed my housing for a couple of weeks.. one day i was looking for the eq setting i found it changed it to see if i could hear a difference then bam it stopped working. I can hear the ear phones make like a small pop when i plug them in or i turn on a song ....so idk hope someone can help fix this problem....
    02-23-09 12:21 AM
    yeah im having the same issue with mine.. It worked after i changed my housing for a couple of weeks.. one day i was looking for the eq setting i found it changed it to see if i could hear a difference then bam it stopped working. I can hear the ear phones make like a small pop when i plug them in or i turn on a song ....so idk hope someone can help fix this problem....
    go back to the EQ settings and just turn it off. That made mine work again.
    02-23-09 12:32 AM
    yeah i tried that still no go....Forgot to mention that i jus put a 8 gig card in aswell...dont know if it mattered but thought id throw it out there..
    02-23-09 12:53 AM
    Same thing here...

I will try the EQ thing...

02-23-09 08:41 AM
    Sorry, having a DUH moment! Can someone point me in the right direction?

mrsding
    02-23-09 09:42 AM
    New to the blackberry curve...last blackberry i had no color...lol.

anyway i called the store where i bought mine and the sales rep said the headphones that come with the unit work, but unfortunately i lost mine. i tried another set and they dont work. how does one get to the eq settings?

thanks
    02-23-09 09:46 AM
    While in media player, hit options and its in the menu, 5th down i believe
    02-23-09 09:52 AM
    hey i didnt have to anything...but after having the media play plug the headphone in and it works. before i would have the headphone prior to playing so i guess it didnt recognize anything being plugged in.

BTW I have 4.5..so maybe that is the trick?
    02-23-09 09:55 AM
    i'm lost...i tried to make it not work but plugging the headphones in first then opening the app but it plays in the headphone. maybe just a quirk or something the first couple of times of me trying.
    02-23-09 09:59 AM
    for the advice and direction, but it didn't work

I guess I've traded a cool look for private sound.

mrsding
    02-23-09 11:01 AM
    Yeah...

I haven't tried it yet...but...my EQ is already off...

This is really weird...wonder what changing the housing has to do with this issue?...

02-23-09 11:04 AM
    putting the original housing back on?

mrsding
    02-23-09 11:05 AM
    Same thing when I changed my wifes housing. Haven't had time to investigate it yet.
    02-23-09 11:13 AM
    putting the original housing back on?

mrsding
    I thought about that...

I might give that a try when I get home...

Anyone else willing to give it a try?

02-23-09 11:16 AM
    Please post your results...good, bad or indifferent.....

mrsding
    02-23-09 11:44 AM
    This is really weird...wonder what changing the housing has to do with this issue?...
    Did you change your side rails also? Since the earphone jack is in close proximity to the left side rail I wonder if this is causing the issue?

I changed my front housing, chin cover, and battery door only. My housing kit didn't include the side rails or midplate.

I am not experiencing any problems with the headphone jack.
    Last edited by xliderider; 02-23-09 at 01:21 PM.
    02-23-09 01:19 PM
    so I didn't have to put the buttons in the new side rails, but I did remove them when disassembling my Curve.

mrsding
    02-23-09 02:08 PM
    I never removed or touched my side rails when I changed my housing, I heard too many stories about the tabs breaking off the rails? Sounded like some delicate plastic tabs on the rails.
    02-23-09 02:23 PM
    I never removed or touched my side rails when I changed my housing, I heard too many stories about the tabs breaking off the rails? Sounded like some delicate plastic tabs on the rails.
    Same here...didn't touch the rails...

Very odd...I can't imagine what would cause this?...
    02-23-09 03:59 PM
    Turning off EQ and Audio boost did nothing for me.
    02-23-09 07:40 PM
    my friend told me its a problem with gsm phones and the up grade to 4.5. anyone try down grading back to 4.3
    02-24-09 02:55 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD