Is it worth it to get the 8350i now, or should I just wait another month for more updates. I was really thinking about getting one today, but I am a little skeptical with all the problems. I know that this is a personal decision but just curious what everyone thought. Thanks.
    02-22-09 12:02 PM
    If you want a berry with direct connect, I say why wait. I love mine, and have no issues to speak of. I am a computer geek, so it fits me so well. I love being able to tinker with it, tweaking email accounts, adding stuff, removing stuff I don't want, etc.

I think Sprint/Nextel will be working hard to get any bugs out of it asap also, I feel they have a bit riding on this thing taking offand being sucessful.
    02-22-09 12:41 PM
    I agree with raneu, after the update on 02-09-09 I have had no problems since. except being able to listen to my movies thru my bluetooth earpiece stop working today. prior to that I had all the problems everybody else had. but I too like raneu, am a productivity/computer geek and I now love the 8350i and it's features, the only way to go for me. My 8350i is fully loaded lol cruisin with 8gig
    02-25-09 05:52 PM
    Totally worth the purchase. If you live in NYC RIM is going to be on 17th and Union Square tomorrow between 12pm and 4pm allowing people to "Test Drive" the 8350i. I stopped by today and went to see if they could teach me anything new. So far, no go. But I'm sure someone who's never had one could learn something.
    02-25-09 06:02 PM
    I had mine about three days after sprint/nextel announced it was available. I've been with this phone from the beginning and had all the trials and tribulations of text messing up, echo problems, and gps not working. But now the only thing I've got now is a small echo problem. My text work perfect, my gps is on the spot and I love this phone like a long lost friend (heck I even named the dang thing). It's a good purchase if your looking for a direct connect blackberry with wifi capability.
    02-26-09 12:54 AM
    I have no complaints since i downloaded the patch, works perfect. I only originally had issue with txt msg retreve. I love my 8350i
    02-26-09 06:19 PM
    If you don't need PTT then I get something else
    02-26-09 09:47 PM
    My sister recently got her 8350i and she loves it. She still calls or texts me from time-to-time for help (I've got an 8330 from Sprint). Naturally, the first thing you'll want to do is upadate the OS. She was having the 8350 issues until I did that for her.

She hasn't complained about echos, so maybe Sprint has fixed that already.

I'd say go for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 10:08 PM
    I just got my 8350i on Monday and it came with an updated OS and I've yet to witness a problem with it *knock on wood*
    Best money I ever spent
    02-26-09 10:36 PM
    I went and got it yesterday, so far so good.
    02-26-09 11:37 PM
    The only thing to consider is that the phone is ine the iDEN neteork and its internet speed is nowhere near the sprint 3G. It works, it can be slow. Most likeky why they included the wifi. My phone moves really quick when connected to my home LAN (I have a 16mb up and 4mb down)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 05:40 AM
    I've had mine since the end of December. It was a belated Christmas present to myself. I have not had any problems except not being able to get YouTube videos to play. I did install OperaMini today on it but have yet to try it out to see if that fixes it. My texts have always worked. Wifi works great. My BlueTooth is dead but before that, it paired and synced properly with the phone and worked fantastic. I was extremely excited to get a BB with a camera back in it. Missed that when I upgraded from the i880 to the 7100i.

I'd say go for it. I haven't had a moment's problem out of my CB. The only issue I have now is that occasionally it turns itself off after a phone call, but I'm about to search on the forums for a way to fix it.
    02-27-09 08:58 AM
    I truly like my bberry 8350i its the best i ever had

BBerry Owned the Palm
    02-28-09 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD