I did a diagnostic report just to try it out, and it sent me an email, but I never recieved it. Now, it shows that I have an email unopened! I deleted all my SMS, Email, etc, it still shows. I did a battery pull many times, didn't work.

Basically, my blackberry is showing that I have an unopened email, but in reality, there isn't a single message on my device!

-Eddy
    01-30-08 12:34 PM
    AND, I did a sim card pull, didnt work either.
    01-30-08 12:42 PM
    Found The Answer, Sorry!
    01-30-08 12:45 PM
    What was it? Share with the CrackBerry.com family...
    01-30-08 01:38 PM
    Ive found that my 8310 will do this every so often and it usually will go away once I receive and read another message. Don't know why it does it, but it is kind of annoying.
    01-30-08 04:21 PM
    i have the same problem with my blackberry 8320.....please help its annoying me!!
    01-31-08 06:58 PM
    had teh same problem today with bb messenger, gave up and did a battery pull.
    01-31-08 07:03 PM
    i tried the battery pull but it still doesn't go away for me....does anyone know anything else to do? or had similar problems??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-08 07:04 PM
    helpppppp
    01-31-08 07:51 PM
    That happened to me this week. Turns out I had a message in a folder that I had hidden. So check all of your applications including any that you have hidden (I have mine in a folder that I named unused icons).

My GUESS is that my Curve recognized the message as spam because it was an SMS from a name I didn't know and it was in red font so I just deleted it and the new message indicator went away. hope that helps.
    02-01-08 07:47 AM
    oh yes i got it, it was in another folder with my AOL mail, and it was spam haha thanks
    02-02-08 11:09 AM
    I had the same problem today with a SMS message indicator that I could not find. Turns out I had somehow saved a new voice mail message in my saved folder. It did not show in my SMS inbox. Once I deleted that, the icon disappeared.
    04-16-08 12:45 PM
    It happened to me twice...on both occassions it was right after I resent the email service books...I got the activation email and after I viewed it, the notification still said I have 1 unread mail. I went to the email settings and disabled and then enabled the unread mail notification once and it started behaving normally.
    04-16-08 09:20 PM
    I have this happen often too, but only when using a today theme. What always works for me is to select "mark prior opened" from the menu in the messege folder.

04-16-08 10:12 PM
    Definitely happens to me & I bug out thinking I missed an email from work. As soon as I get another, it goes away.

04-16-08 10:18 PM
    Yday, my email was acting wierd and finally I had to re-send the service books..after that my unread email notifications were not being shown against each email account...Today morning I did a battery pull and things seemed right..then all on a sudden I see 2 unread email notifications against my yahoo account..I go into it and finds none..So I log into yahoo on my laptop and it has 2 Delivery confirmation emails (for emails sent yday). But these 2 emails never got pushed to my Curve..but somehow the notifications came ???? I don't remember whether I had the delivery notification turned off earlier and when I resent the service books it got reset to ON..anyway, I've turned OFF the delivery confirmations for now !
    04-17-08 10:12 AM
    I was having the same problem. This worked for me. I opened up the message box and highlighted the date. I press the menu key and press mark prior opened.

The then disappears
    04-17-08 10:46 AM
    I've found a new solution that I haven't seen posted yet:

In message options, switch hide filed (and/or sent) messages to no. This makes all messages show up (my theory is that spamish emails are what is considered "filed", so this is how u can make them visible and get rid of them).

I think this is the best thing to do when you have emails on ur service provider acct (ie tmo.blackberry.net). Since u can't go onto a website to delete the spam, this seems like next best option. Hope this helps some on u out there, I kno I sure was happy when I figured it out!!!

E

04-27-08 12:29 AM
    This same topic came up in the 8100 Pearl forum and JeffH posted this link
    http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...how-clear.html Which seems to deal pretty comprehensively with this subject. Have a read.
    04-27-08 12:51 AM
    I've been having the same problem for a few days now. On my Today home screen, it shows that I have 2 messages. However, I've opened, read, and deleted both of them (several times). The message indicator will not go away!

I've tried everything suggested so far. Any other suggestions?
    04-30-08 09:19 PM
    The definitive fix for this problem is to use Desktop Manager and to do a Backup and then a Restore of your phone.

This procedure clears the counters and fixes the problem.
    05-01-08 12:14 AM
    I went to the link posted by Pete6 and they all wanted me to do something that was more complicated than I felt like dealing with (reinstall, etc). But then midnightchoir said "check your saved messages. it might be in there unchecked."

That solved it for me. I saved a message this morning (the first one I've wanted to save) and I didn't realize how it would be reflected in the system. I went to the folder, opened the message and the icon went away.
    05-05-08 12:35 PM
    Check your call log.

Whenever you miss a phone call, it will put the unread message indicator at the top. Check your missed calls!!! I figured this out by setting my theme to "Today" and it showed me that I had one unread message, clicked on it, and it took me to my Call Log. Two days of frustration, and it was only a missed call!

I hope this saves some of you some frustration!
    10-22-08 03:23 PM
    Check your call log for missed calls! Especially whenever you miss a call and there is no voicemail left. I'm assuming that missed calls and emails share the same indicator and it will stay there until you check your call log. Thats all I can figure.
    10-22-08 03:27 PM
    This happened to me yesterday right after I upgraded to 4.5.0.93 but went away after I did battery pull.
    Rrgards
    Clive

10-22-08 05:17 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD