Im currently running os .90 on the storm and at the moment can't access my 8gb sandisk because i recieved a message saying "a media card has been inserted that contains errors. To correct the errors please use a disk error-checking utility on a computer". I may have infact caused this error because i had trouble moving pics/video to my computer, and mass storage mode wouldn't work. After having no luck with the bb software and continually losing the connection to the storm (i think), i tried to use "my computer" and access the storm's drive. I noticed that when i went from the 9530 drive and into the memory card drive, only a music and documents folder existed. At this point i probably did something stupid becuase i made a new folder in the memory card titled "pictures", hoping they would just materialize in it. Well they didn't, and i deleted this folder after creating it and seeing it was an empty folder. When i tried to delete this folder i created, i got an error message and my bb reset. Since then it takes a longer than usual time to reset, my background is the default, all my media is gone, i often get the error message i noted above, and only the 'device memory' folder seems to exist.

***Note that I just got back from vacation and hadn't backed any of this. rim's site tells me to right click on the 9530 folder go to >tools>check disk errors, and that my computer doesnt provide a "tools" folder as an option(wtf?).

Please help me out if you can!!, i really really can't lose my pics/and vids, and therefore don't want to wipe the handheld or anything such as.

Thanks a bunch!!!
    02-21-09 03:49 PM
    Man, I wish I could help, that SUCKS. Last night I was trying to download a ringtone I had just made off of Myxer, it wouldn't download because there was something wrong with my media card. Long story short, I started messing around with my phone and I did something where I thought I deleted everything on my media card. I was in such a panic. Lukily I figured out what I had done, all my stuff was still there AND I finally put in the 8gb card that came with the phone cause while messing around I figured out how to use the Desktop Media manager and transfer my files to another card. But yeah, I was going a little nuts until I fixed the problem. Good luck with that
    02-21-09 03:54 PM
    In windows explorer:
    right-click on the drive
    Chose properties
    click the tools tab at the top
    then under error-checking click the check now button.

If you don't have the tools option:
    click start
    click RUN
    type CMD and enter
    at the prompt type CHKDSK -f "Drive letter" (replace the drive letter with the one of your storm mem card.

hopefuly one of those work.
    02-21-09 04:00 PM
    In windows explorer:
    right-click on the drive
    Chose properties

click start
    click RUN
    type CMD and enter
    at the prompt type CHKDSK -f "Drive letter" (replace the drive letter with the one of your storm mem card.

To add to this, make sure you pick the media card drive letter AND NOT THE INTERNAL MEMORY ONE (1GB).

BTW, upgrade from .90... it has too many issues.
    02-21-09 04:18 PM
    hmmmm yeah its strange cause in explorer i can't get a tools tab and the command prompt method doesn't work either. Ok so if anyone knows why windows vista isnt letting me check the disk drive for errors(i know damn well it should)...let me know please. Thanks to the both of you as well, i have a direction now.
    02-21-09 04:20 PM
    says that i don't have "sufficient priviliges" in command pmpt
    02-21-09 05:04 PM
    Are you the administrator on the computer?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 06:30 PM
    i assume im the administrator.....how can i check? yeah i can check for errors in other disks, like the computers (h drive, but the blackberry drive only has a 'general' tab, and i can't do anything with it.
    02-21-09 06:38 PM
    yes im the admin. Could os .90 be preventing me from running a check disk somehow? Should i update or is that too risky?
    02-21-09 06:56 PM
    it might be corrupted..
    02-21-09 08:14 PM
    In windows explorer:
    right-click on the drive
    Chose properties

click start
    click RUN
    type CMD and enter

had the same problem this fixed it perfectly thanks
    02-25-09 03:01 AM
    In windows explorer:
    right-click on the drive
    Chose properties

click start
    click RUN
    type CMD and enter

I had the same issue and this worked perfectly, thanks!
    03-24-09 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD