I'm a current storm owner and I have a phone update due within two months. I love the storm, don't get me wrong... but I realllly miss the physical keyboard.
    Any suggestions on whether I should get the curve or just keep my storm? Maybe even wait and see if those rumors of Verizon getting new blackberry updates? Oh, and I have to stick with Verizon as my provider due to where I live... AT&T / Sprint's service stinks here...
    02-21-09 10:44 AM
    If you miss a keyboard then yes you should get a curve. Your not being crazy... you just know what works.
    02-21-09 10:52 AM
    the storm is virtually impossible to type on in my opinion. and the os sucks on it, because they adapted a trackball os to work with a touch screen.
    02-21-09 10:58 AM
    Its not impossible to type on. Its impossible to type extremely fast. And the OS doesn't completely suck. One thing I truly am going to miss is where I can get both the pearl type keyboard and standard QWERTY. Its convenient, but I still miss my old curve's keyboard. :/ If they (RIM) somehow put in a curve sliding keyboard on the Storm, I would crap myself and never update that phone. I love everything about the storm... except it's lacking of the physical keyboard. xD
    02-21-09 11:08 AM
    I agree, not impossible and the OS is fine. It takes a while to get the muscle memory in your fingers, but when you do it alows you to type much faster. I do understand what you are saying about a physical keyboard, I can't type without looking at the keyboard, wich I can do on my bf's 8800.
    02-21-09 11:13 AM
    I agree, not impossible and the OS is fine. It takes a while to get the muscle memory in your fingers, but when you do it alows you to type much faster. I do understand what you are saying about a physical keyboard, I can't type without looking at the keyboard, wich I can do on my bf's 8800.
    That is exactly what I miss. I have the muscle memory. I can type fast, but I have to look while I type. I can type faster on the curve and I don't even have to look at the keyboard. I dunno if I want to give up all the features of the storm just to type faster...
    02-21-09 11:20 AM
    Yeah having touch screen can slow down typing and make it irritating sometimes(reason I ditched iphone in week, also cause its a dumb toy) but anyways, yeah I do prefer a good ol keyboard better. I say you should keep storm though if you are alright with touch screen keyboard unless it bothers you that much cause the storm is a great device and is way better than curve but not curve 8900

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 01:14 PM
    I love my Storm, but I think if I had to send lots of emails/texts, I would go with a Curve/Bold. I'm intrigued by the upcoming Niagara tho, might have to have 2 berries!!!
    02-21-09 01:20 PM
    Verizon is advertising a promotion. You contract for a Storm and they throw in your choice of keyboard BlackBerry bonus. Sweet deal.
    02-21-09 01:21 PM
    That is a sweet deal...
    02-21-09 01:23 PM
    its not just a keyboard berry. If you buy the storm and you get any berry for free. A week ago I just upgraded to the storm and activated a 3rd line to get the free storm for my wife. Have to pay the extra $10 for the 2nd line for another 7 months before the 2 yr contract is up to cancel it. Not bad deal to pay $70 for a line I am not using to get a free $500 phone. It definitly took me a little while to get use to it. I was out of work for a week after having surgery and picked up the Storm the day after surgery so I could play with it. It took me atleast 2 days of constiently playing and forum reading to get use to it. Also, i got up the courage to load .99 which made all the difference in my opinion. My wife got home that night and i loaded it into her storm. I would not return my storms. I had a Pearl a year ago and had it for 3 months and sold it. I didnt like it at all. Enough rambling... I hope a line of this helps
    02-22-09 09:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD