Hey guys,

I'm new to using a bb and I did do a quick search to see if I can find any information but I am unable to find a concrete answer.

I have the 8900 curve with the 4.6 OS. I'm trying to install a theme with a .jad extenstion. I tried loading it thru app loader but that doesn't work and I tried OTA but the install fails. I read on the crackberry faqs that the new OS have the Plazmic reader so I could load the theme. Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to download the reader from somewhere onto my BB? Thanks!

Dave
    02-21-09 01:18 AM
    If I were you I wouldn't even bother. Most themes out for the 8900 rght now are full of bugs. I'd wait till offical themes are announced, but that's just me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 01:24 AM
    It would help if we knew what theme you were trying to install also.
    02-21-09 01:48 AM
    Try to install another theme by donwloading the file..un zipping and then goto DM, app loader and load the file see if another theme works
    02-21-09 02:05 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Themes and other applications are installed two ways onto your BlackBerry.

1). Over The Air (OTA) is where you navigate to the download site on your BlackBerry and download the app/theme directly to the BlackBerry. This method uses a .jad file and will automatically install the them or app at the end of the download. A.cod file is implicitly contained within the .jad file. You won;t see it, but it is there.

2). Using Desktop Manager (DM). Here you download the app or theme to your PC. It will probably come as a zip file and once unzipped there wil be at least two files. A .cod file and .alx file. The .alx file needs to be selected fromwithing DM and then it installs the .cod file which is the app or theme.

You cannot install a .jad file using DM and you cannot OTA an .alx file.

Hope this helps.
    02-21-09 02:34 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Themes and other applications are installed two ways onto your BlackBerry.

1). Over The Air (OTA) is where you navigate to the download site on your BlackBerry and download the app/theme directly to the BlackBerry. This method uses a .jad file and will automatically install the them or app at the end of the download. A.cod file is implicitly contained within the .jad file. You won;t see it, but it is there.

2). Using Desktop Manager (DM). Here you download the app or theme to your PC. It will probably come as a zip file and once unzipped there wil be at least two files. A .cod file and .alx file. The .alx file needs to be selected fromwithing DM and then it installs the .cod file which is the app or theme.

You cannot install a .jad file using DM and you cannot OTA an .alx file.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks! That clears up everything!
    02-21-09 10:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD