I have a huge dust problem with my storm.

I called Verizon today and they did not hesitate to fed-ex a new phone in 2 days.

problem is I have the leaked .103 version that has came out. Verizon won't be dumb and void my warrenty or something if I return the phone to them with that OS will they?

If you think they will Void my warrenty, how do I just wipe the storm and get .75 on there to be safe?

what should i do?
    02-20-09 07:38 PM
    Why not downgrade and just avoid any headaches. I would and did before I got my replacement. It's a simple process. Just my .02
    02-20-09 07:40 PM
    Why not downgrade and just avoid any headaches. I would and did before I got my replacement. It's a simple process. Just my .02
    I can't figure out for the life of me how to downgrade back to .75? .75 shows up on my application loader on DM, but when I go to load it, it tells me no updates are needed for my phone?
    02-20-09 07:43 PM
    I can't figure out for the life of me how to downgrade back to .75? .75 shows up on my application loader on DM, but when I go to load it, it tells me no updates are needed for my phone?
    Next time try searching and you will probably find your answer. Now go to thie link posted below and it will give instructions on how to downgrade and OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...os-pix-129984/
    02-20-09 08:10 PM
    Follow this

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/ho...os-pix-129984/

You might need to uninstall the current OS you are running on your storm from your cpu..
    02-20-09 08:10 PM
    I just did a JL Cmdr wipe and sent it back - quicker than messing with installation of .75.
    02-20-09 08:18 PM
    did you guys remove the sim card and the back cover of the phone before returning the storm? my replacement storm came with the back battery cover and a sim card already in there... in the instruction pamplet it said to keep it all and send only the phone back... so i guess i'll just have an extra cover and sim card?
    02-20-09 08:54 PM
    This is a good question, something I'm wondering as well. Can anyone answer this? Do we get to keep this stuff? I know it is probably not a big use to us, but I always like to have extra stuff lying around...
    02-21-09 05:43 PM
    SIM card or SD card? I hope the latter...

In any case, I always wiped and reinstalled .65 and sent it back with a copy of Southland Tales on the SD card as a cherry for anyone who happened to check.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 05:53 PM
    OOOOOOOO MMMMMMMMM GGGGGGGGGGG !!!!!!!1111!!!!1!!11!!1111!!

why is this constantly being asked?!

-- downgrade to .75 to avoid any potential hassle.

-- VZW is expecting just the phone back. However, the "right" thing to do is to send back what you got as a replacement (this includes the back, SIM/SD cards, etc etc etc etc etc etc). If you choose not to and you get charged, then that's your own damned fault.

---- SEARCH!!! this topic has been covered an ungodly amount of times. This should be in a sticky somewhere with everything else that's been repeated over and over again.

Someone with 74 posts (as of the time I read this) should know better. He||, someone with *0* posts should know better. Isn't the search function mentioned in the rules during registration?!?! If not, then it should be #2 - right behind "Keep posts civil. If you have nothing constructive to say, then don't say anything".

{rant off}
    02-21-09 06:02 PM
    My friend that works at Telus told me not to worry that they wouldn't go in and check but it's so easy to downgrade you might as well. Here's all you do since i've done it twice:

1) Download the correct version from Verizon/Telus
    2) Install it, and uninstall any other versions installed
    3) Launch desktop manager, click application loader and click update
    4) Click options and it shows 4.7.76 (Downgrade) click it. Somewhere before or after this step it warns your downgrading just click okay
    5) Click next and that's it!
    02-21-09 06:09 PM

-- VZW is expecting just the phone back. However, the "right" thing to do is to send back what you got as a replacement (this includes the back, SIM/SD cards, etc etc etc etc etc etc). If you choose not to and you get charged, then that's your own damned fault.

---- SEARCH!!! this topic has been covered an ungodly amount of times. This should be in a sticky somewhere with everything else that's been repeated over and over again.

Someone with 74 posts (as of the time I read this) should know better. He||, someone with *0* posts should know better. Isn't the search function mentioned in the rules during registration?!?! If not, then it should be #2 - right behind "Keep posts civil. If you have nothing constructive to say, then don't say anything".

{rant off}
    Breathe, man, breathe.

02-21-09 06:14 PM

{rant off}
    Stop being such an a**... People can ask anything they want. I hate all these fake mods. You don't have to reply **** you don't even have to read the post. Just keep it moving. Search how not to be such a jerkoff.
    Sticky that!
    Last edited by mikeg86; 02-21-09 at 06:29 PM.
    02-21-09 06:26 PM
    Stop being such an a**... People can ask anything they want. I hate all these fake mods. You don't have to reply **** you don't even have to read the post. Just keep it moving. Search how not to be such a jerkoff.
    Sticky that!
    if I were a mod: I would have deleted the thread and PM'd with a "search" instruction and a link to a searched term that had the info s/he was asking for.

perhaps you should read the rule #1 that I mentioned... if you don't have anything constructive to say, then don't say anything. I at least added to the conversation during my rant.

also, there's a button at the top of the screen that says "newbies". click the first option - "getting started guide". Literally the very first paragraph (after the intro, of course), says that the question has probably been asked already and you should search before posting a new thread. There's even a link to the search function. I believe it's the 4th sentence in...

Now, to quote my #1 rule again - keep it civil. We don't want the "real" mods to come in and start issuing warnings or IP boots.
    02-21-09 07:07 PM
    I would just wipe it. That way your personal information would be gone as well.
    02-21-09 07:11 PM
    SIM card or SD card? I hope the latter...

In any case, I always wiped and reinstalled .65 and sent it back with a copy of Southland Tales on the SD card as a cherry for anyone who happened to check.

Man, that is one of the cruelest things you could do to them.
    02-21-09 07:27 PM
    Sticky that!
    AAAHAHAHA BURN
    02-21-09 07:28 PM
    I think my favorite new burn is "Sticky that!"

I just have to figure out how to work it into everyday conversation...

02-21-09 07:38 PM
    A burn is only applicable when the statement can't be responded to... And I did. So nyah. I will have to add the sticky comment to my repertoire tho... It was decent.

02-21-09 07:41 PM

{rant off}
    go **** yourself
    02-21-09 08:35 PM
    Double post
    Last edited by mikeg86; 02-21-09 at 09:22 PM.
    02-21-09 09:07 PM
    A burn is only applicable when the statement can't be responded to... And I did. So nyah. I will have to add the sticky comment to my repertoire tho... It was decent.

To the OP I would wipe then install .75

Now back to you...I was just simply letting you know that you were being a jerkoff.

02-21-09 09:31 PM
    Triple post(kill)...I feel like I'm in Halo now...
    Last edited by mikeg86; 02-21-09 at 09:34 PM.
    02-21-09 09:32 PM
    OP - back at you. Bet next time you'll search first.

Mike- and in doing so made yourself out to be one.

Back to rule #1...

02-21-09 11:08 PM
    OP - back at you. Bet next time you'll search first.

Mike- and in doing so made yourself out to be one.

Back to rule #1...

Last post
    No I just pointed out your inner jerkdom. U mad? A response would suggest so...

Last edited by mikeg86; 02-21-09 at 11:41 PM.
    02-21-09 11:36 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD