Hey I lost my storm on some errands today I think in the supermarket or the bank or in going from one to the other. Google latitude is not turned on so thats no good. is there any other way i can get the phone located with gps? any help is appreciated thank you
    02-20-09 02:44 PM
    Did you have your Location set to on, or just 911 only?
    02-20-09 03:09 PM
    Did you have your Location set to on, or just 911 only?
    You can find the phone, period? How the **** do you do it?
    02-20-09 03:31 PM
    You're out of luck. I lost mine superbowl weekend. Hope that somebody finds it and answers when you call. I wasn't so lucky- Plus, it happened the weekend before latitude came out.
    Though, if you have latitude installed, can you activate it remotely through your own google account?
    02-20-09 03:32 PM
    You're out of luck. I lost mine superbowl weekend. Hope that somebody finds it and answers when you call. I wasn't so lucky- Plus, it happened the weekend before latitude came out.
    Though, if you have latitude installed, can you activate it remotely through your own google account?
    You can activate latitude through your Google account, but for some reason, even though I had my phone to automatically update my location, it never would... Just said could not locate GPS at this time, or something like that anway.. I removed it.
    02-20-09 03:34 PM
    sethjk -- I didn't know you could activate it remotely. I'm checking into this..... very cool idea!
    02-20-09 03:35 PM
    You can activate latitude through your Google account, but for some reason, even though I had my phone to automatically update my location, it never would... Just said could not locate GPS at this time, or something like that anway.. I removed it.
    Try again. They just released the gps enabled version 2 days ago. Mine didn't work at 1st, and when I downloaded the next version, it works well. Very cool app.
    02-20-09 03:48 PM
    ooooh......latitude=no lost storm as long as its on
    02-20-09 04:26 PM
    ooooh......latitude=no lost storm as long as its on
    too bad it drains your phone when it's on. I guess you have to find it fast!
    02-20-09 04:29 PM
    tried all mentioned quick fixes including a re-install of latitude and still has difficulties in locating my GPS. ????
    02-20-09 05:14 PM
    tried all mentioned quick fixes including a re-install of latitude and still has difficulties in locating my GPS. ????
    are you indoors? GPS isn't line of sight, but these are cell phone receivers we're talking about. the ones in my airplane are mounted on top of the aircraft as far away from any interference as they can be. take a walk outside and sit around for a few or better yet, open BBmaps and start the gps tracker, then switch to google maps. it helped to do that the first few times for me. after a couple days google did it on its own.
    02-20-09 05:26 PM
    are you indoors? GPS isn't line of sight, but these are cell phone receivers we're talking about. the ones in my airplane are mounted on top of the aircraft as far away from any interference as they can be. take a walk outside and sit around for a few or better yet, open BBmaps and start the gps tracker, then switch to google maps. it helped to do that the first few times for me. after a couple days google did it on its own.
    I tried that both times that I downloaded the program thinking the same way but to no avail it didn't work will try it again after this post
    02-20-09 05:48 PM
    If you had on location, Verizon could tell you but unfortunately they won't. Found that out when my kids phone got stolen. To make matters worse, they apparently don;t lock the phone from be used on another account because when he found out who stole as kids have big mouths and brag, it was activated on his own account. What would work in the future though is too turn on Google Latitude. It will get yoou too the right area. Of course, Google will also know where you are.

Hey I lost my storm on some errands today I think in the supermarket or the bank or in going from one to the other. Google latitude is not turned on so thats no good. is there any other way i can get the phone located with gps? any help is appreciated thank you
    02-20-09 06:02 PM
    Insurance? Report it stolen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 06:14 PM
    I meant to say lost.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 06:15 PM
    just report it stolen and when someone tries to get it re-activated or something, the PIN will show up as stolen. or thats how i understand it.
    02-20-09 06:28 PM
    I was wrong- you can't activate latitude remotely. What I was seeing was activating latitude on your computer. Sorry.
    02-20-09 06:55 PM
    I just logged onto Latitude from my home computer and tested it out. Sure enough there was my location on the screen. I had my wife take my Storm with me to the grocery store and I refreshed it every 30 seconds and it changed every time until she reached the store. Very cool.
    02-20-09 08:10 PM
    Ha so i found it (called and someone picked up finally). It was in the bank parking lot in case anyone was curious. But i like how this turned into a latitude discussion, very insightful haha.
    02-20-09 08:57 PM
    Isnt there a 3rd party app that can be installed for locating it should you lose your BB??
    02-21-09 06:20 AM
    If your phone is stolen and you report it to Verizon, it is a manual process for the rep to add the ESN to their lost/stolen list - and they may not do it if you are not sure to ask. Once the phone is removed from your account (replaced by any phone) it can be put on any other account UNLESS you asked the rep to put the ESN on the lost stolen list. But if you recover your phone later, the account holder can have the ESN removed from the lost/stolen list.
    02-21-09 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD