Hello, I just bought my first Blackberry. It's an 8820 and I am a complete NOOB so I'm learning a lot from this site. It currently has OS 4.2.2.169 installed on the phone. I've seen that the new 4.5 OS is available but it says East Asia...I live in the United States. Can I still use this OS and will it have the English language? What is the best OS that I should upgrade to? Thanks!!
    02-20-09 11:07 AM
    I think you can use the East Asia OS upgrade for your 8820 if you want to. It will also be in english as well. If you download another carrier's OS upgrade then you will need to go into the program files of the OS and delete the new vendor.xml file.

Please also wait for a 2nd opinion on this as well. I may be incorrect and don't want to screw your BB up for you. I am still learning as well!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 11:32 AM
    You could check AT&T's website and see what the latest version they have. Most of the time the upgrade is seamless without you having to do anything.
    02-20-09 11:37 AM
    Thanks, I went to att.com/bbdownloads and found 4.5.0.152 (multi-language). That's even newer than the one listed in the forum stick of 4.5.0.124!!
    02-20-09 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD