Which do you find better?

Blackberry maps seems wo work mich faster than google. ... And the routes bb comes up with are accurate and east to follow.

I haven't had much luck with the google maps at all as they seem to take forever to load let alone create a route. . ... Though the satellite view is rather pretty.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 08:02 AM
    I like but Google better, but it's really pretty close.
    02-20-09 08:07 AM
    BB maps is a joke. Google maps is far superior.
    02-20-09 08:07 AM
    Why do you like one over the other? Aka, why is bb maps a joke compared to google maps?

02-20-09 08:13 AM
    Google has world wide coverage. BB maps doesn'r. End of discussion.
    02-20-09 08:21 AM
    Good point made there, I use Google Maps personally, but each to their own...
    02-20-09 08:31 AM
    I suppose there are pros and cons to each. I have both installed, but rarely open up BBMaps. Google Maps just seems to have a few more bells and whistles (traffic, search, etc.) I don't think BBMaps is a joke per se, but it's just a very basic mapping program.
    02-20-09 09:13 AM
    google maps is alot better IMO
    02-20-09 09:15 AM
    I use google maps. I have even opened up google maps yet on my bold.

02-20-09 09:23 AM
    Google maps is prettier. BB maps has more usefull information. Speed,distance travelled
    Google maps gives you accurate public transit info which is priceless in the northeast US
    bottom line is Google offers a lot more BUT I keep BB maps for the speed and distance walked (or driven)

02-20-09 09:36 AM
    google maps is much better
    02-20-09 09:39 AM
    If I just need quick directions I use BB Maps.
    If I am trying to find a ace to eat or a bar in a bigger city I use google. Street view is priceless.

02-20-09 09:51 AM
    yeah google maps definately offeres a little bit more in terms of like 411 searching. The satelite view also definately helps you recognize places mich easier than BB Maps.

BB Maps for me hasn't been the best of experience, sometimes it cant even find my location (yes im standing outside, away from towers) and it takes forever to start GPS Navigation (finding satellites forever).

on the other hand google maps tends to find my location (although sometimes its not completely exact, its a bit off) it still finds it.

BB Maps is good for finding locations as well though its just ive had problems with the GPS location part of it.
    02-20-09 09:59 AM
    bbmaps for quick search etc, but google if i'm doing anything serious. the aerial view is key too.
    02-20-09 10:03 AM
    Google is waaaaaay better! Especially since there is Latitude now!!
    02-20-09 10:07 AM
    I gotta agree with a lot of the others here. Google maps is nice if you're trying to find some place specific, but don't have the address, but it is kinda slow. BB maps is much quicker and seems to keep up with me better in terms of keeping the maps rendered while I'm driving.

Google maps picks up your location quicker because it initially uses cell tower triangulation to get an approximate location then switches to GPS when it can acquire satellites, which takes just as long as it does with BB Maps. I personally prefer BB Maps for directions. They seem to be easier for me to understand, I'm more of a N/S directions kinda guy vs google's "drive towards this street" type of directions, especially when in an unfamiliar city.

The street view is nice, and can be useful, but I rarely ever actually use it for anything. And traffic coverage around here is a joke. They only have it on the interstate and the toll roads. I mostly stay on surface streets, so thats truly a moot point.

But, its all pretty much a moot point because I use my TomTom anyway
    02-20-09 10:12 AM
    So would you delete the BB maps altogether? Can you? I only use Google maps currently and BB maps is current set under a hidden application.
    02-20-09 10:16 AM
    So would you delete the BB maps altogether? Can you? I only use Google maps currently and BB maps is current set under a hidden application.
    BB Maps can use geotagging of pics, Google Maps cannot. Some apps also use BB Maps, so I would check that out before removing.
    02-20-09 10:30 AM
    How do you get BB Maps on the Bold? I thought AT&T disabled it.
    02-20-09 10:45 AM
    AT&T hid it in their theme. Switch to the other theme and you can see it, if it's installed. If it's not installed, go to Blackberry and download. It will install through your DM.
    02-20-09 10:47 AM
    Love google maps. Wish is was updated more frequently though.

02-20-09 10:50 AM
    can you use google maps to search for an address in your contacts like you can with BB maps?
    02-20-09 10:53 AM
    can you use google maps to search for an address in your contacts like you can with BB maps?
    Yep, from the contact menu you have an option to Find Using Google Maps.
    02-20-09 10:55 AM
    BB Maps can use geotagging of pics, Google Maps cannot. Some apps also use BB Maps, so I would check that out before removing.
    I think that's why I've just kept it hidden opposed to deleting the app. I was worried that Google maps used BB map's GPS software somehow.
    02-20-09 11:18 AM
    I was worried that Google maps used BB map's GPS software somehow.
    Nope, not at all.
    02-20-09 11:19 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD