Sooo, my Value Pack includes the "Who Called" feature, which according to the Rogers website should send me a text message showing me who called when my phone is off, or out of service range (I cut and paste their description below).
    I'm getting these texts for ALL my missed calls...even when my phone is on and in service. Is it suppose to do this...or is there something wrong with the feature?

"WhoCalled is a service that sends you a text message with a list of phone numbers that have attempted to call you when your phone was turned off.

Did you know your phone�s automatic missed call log will only work if your phone is turned on and within coverage?

If you turn your phone off during meetings or for class, if you travel by plane and turn off your phone during flights, if you take the subway, use parking garages or elevators where you get no signal or if your friends and family don�t like to leave voicemail messages you are missing calls!!

Make sure you always know WhoCalled !"
    02-19-09 12:02 PM
    Yes it does it for ALL missed calls, kind of annoyoing if your phone is on and in service because the phone already tells you about the missed call!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 12:29 PM
    Yes it does it for ALL missed calls, kind of annoyoing if your phone is on and in service because the phone already tells you about the missed call!

Agreed. It's the most annoying feature ever; I just have it excluded from my value pack.
    02-19-09 12:32 PM
    Yea...pretty annoying...especially since I get the texts 5-10 minutes after I have already seen I missed a call...or hit the ignore button! And my phone is on 99% of the time!
    I just have it excluded from my value pack.
    I'm gonna call and see if I can have it removed too!!!
    02-19-09 12:37 PM
    Hmmm...that was easy, Rogers turned the feature off for me...thanks for the tip Forgot.About.Ted!!!
    02-19-09 01:50 PM
    I had this feature cancelled too...really annoying.
    02-19-09 02:09 PM
    Yup. Had mine disabled also while I was talking to retentions.
    02-20-09 09:20 PM
    I don't really mind it... Before this phone I had an lg and it would randomly not take calls so it was nice to have the notification.
    I'm going to have to see if its as useful

02-21-09 10:37 AM
    Hmmm...that was easy, Rogers turned the feature off for me...thanks for the tip Forgot.About.Ted!!!
    No problem

02-22-09 06:07 PM
    At least yours works. Mine only works when it wants to. I have called Rogers and all they won't even try to fix it. They just tell me they can remove it for me.
    02-22-09 08:08 PM
    I'm going to be removing mine as well. Although it did help me once, I guess when my phone was out of range and I didn't notice. More annoying than helpful though!

If they changed it to notify ONLY when you are out of range or the phone is off, that could be useful.
    02-23-09 11:37 AM
    Is there a way to keep the feature but only have it when the phone is "off"?

Also, is there a way to turn off the missed call text messages as well?
    03-02-09 11:08 PM

0 for 2, sorry, it's all or nothing with this feature.
    03-02-09 11:24 PM

Nope, no way to only get the texts when your phone is off.

Yes, you can turn this off by going into the options in your call log, go into call logging, and click none.
    This will stop your phone from listing all your missed calls as a message (but is completely differant then the "who called" feature)
    03-09-09 03:05 PM
    i like it but thats my opinion i guess lol
    03-09-09 10:07 PM
    I actually don't mind it. I mean **** it's convenient to know who called. And like it's one extra text, I go through 200-400 a day, so it's not like it really affects me..
    03-09-09 11:00 PM
    I wasnt complaining about the feature itself...I just thought something might be wrong with mine because I was getting them even when my phone was on and I was aware of the call.
    I'm sure it's a great feature for some people...just not usefull for me!
    03-10-09 09:22 AM
    Mine works when it wants too.
    03-10-09 01:11 PM
    same here I actually think its a great feature, if it worked all the time. It only works when it feels like it
    03-10-09 01:19 PM
    I wasnt complaining about the feature itself...I just thought something might be wrong with mine because I was getting them even when my phone was on and I was aware of the call.
    I'm sure it's a great feature for some people...just not usefull for me!
    Basically it works like this. If you dont answer (for any reason, phone off, or you missed it, or you didnt want to answer) It will send you a txt saying who called.

Personally i find it more annoying then anything as i have Call display and voicemail. So if i didnt answer it, and they didn't leave a message....it wasnt that important!
    03-10-09 02:47 PM
    hate it hate it hate it!! espescially when you change your value pack and forget to tell the rep that you want to remove that feature!
    03-10-09 03:31 PM
    hate it hate it hate it!! espescially when you change your value pack and forget to tell the rep that you want to remove that feature!
    Agreed, its a terrible feature.

At its conception the idea was that it would send you a message only if your phone was off, and / or out of the service area and the caller has not left a message.. sounds good right?

BUT NO! ive seen times when i look at my BB, see a missed call notification, a voice mail notification, a missed call in my call log AND i still get the damn who called text! like as if i need to be told about the same damn call 5 times! The feature is now BLOCKED on my account!
    03-11-09 10:20 AM
    Even though I do agree with all of you that it is pretty annoying, However, it could be quite use full, when someone from a private number calls you, and you miss it, wait a minute to receive the text, and than you know who just called withheld. lol
    04-05-09 09:54 PM
    I had it removed when it first came out. It was very annoying!!!
    04-06-09 12:26 AM
    This is the most annoying feature lol
    if i ignore a call.. I get a text saying so and so called..
    If I miss a call i get a text so and so called
    If i am underground (subway) I get multiple text messages saying so and so and so called..

AHHHH :@
    04-13-09 11:59 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD