When I set up my phone I put in my gmail account first for some reason, but it's not the account I use most of the time. I usually check all my email by going into messages, but when I send an email from there it always sends it out from my gmail account. I can't find anywhere to change that.
    02-19-09 10:20 AM
    If you go into your messages folders, then options, then email settings and change your message services to the email account you want it to default send from.
    02-19-09 10:30 AM
    Options > Advanced Options > Default Services > change the messaging one to whichever email you want as default.

... i think
    02-19-09 10:32 AM
    If you go into your messages folders, then options, then email settings and change your message services to the email account you want it to default send from.
    This doesn't work... Mine is on gmail there, but defaults to blackberry address.
    02-19-09 10:36 AM
    Options > Advanced Options > Default Services > change the messaging one to whichever email you want as default.

... i think
    You are correct.
    02-19-09 10:40 AM
    This doesn't work... Mine is on gmail there, but defaults to blackberry address.
    The post right above your is the answer.
    02-19-09 10:40 AM
    UPDATE - I switched it from gmail to vzw.blackberry.net... saved it... then switched it back to gmail and saved it.

Working fine now
    02-19-09 10:42 AM
    You are correct.
    I tried all these and it kept going to gmail, but i found a very simple fix. I moved the email icon I wanted to be default over next to messages instead of gmail which had been there and now it sends it out using that one. odd, but it worked.
    02-19-09 11:07 AM
    that's sounds more coincidental than fact.
    02-19-09 11:32 AM
    that's sounds more coincidental than fact.
    it worked, other than that I don't know. I tried the other ways posted first but it didn't change it on mine.
    02-19-09 11:37 AM
    I have tried all of the suggestions on changing the default email and nothing works! I have the Curve. Anyone else have this problem?
    02-20-09 10:41 AM
    I have tried all of the suggestions on changing the default email and nothing works! I have the Curve. Anyone else have this problem?
    did you try moving the icon so that it's the one next to messages icon? I tried everything else and oddly that's the one that worked for me. I've never had the curve so I don't have any first hand knowledge on it.
    02-20-09 11:25 AM
    tried this and it doesn't work. My phone shows the email i want but when i compose an email and use the default to send it still uses the wrong one.
    03-04-09 11:04 PM
    same problem, anyone know how to fix this? I have tried all of these
    08-05-10 07:53 PM
    Had work email first which I use all the time (90%) and then decided to add my gmail account which I use only when I leave for a trip then I usually forward my work email to my gmail. I did the advanced options then default services and changed to the work email address I want to send from and I also changed the message options and message services to my work email. For some reason, when I compose new email it sends using my work email as default, but when I reply to any email it selects my gmail account and does not give me any other choice. I can't change this...anyone have a clue? I have BB Storm1 9530.
    08-22-10 06:06 PM
    this is good for changing the email address to a default, but how can i change which email i send emails from EVERYTIME? For example, I have set up my gmail account to receive my work email, personal email AND school email accounts all into one. When I am using the gmail app, whatever email address the original message was sent to, i can reply from that address by default. for exmaple, if you sent me an email to my school account (.edu) by default if i Reply, you will receive an email from my school acount (.edu). but on the blackberry, it only allows me to reply from my default account, which is my personal gmail account.
    08-24-10 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD