Hello,
    I'm sure it's somewhere but I can't find the answer.

I currently have a 8900.
    I've set-up an email account - accessing owa, all working well but I can't change the signature from sent from Blackberyy from Orange.
    Can you help?
    02-19-09 06:48 AM
    You need to log into your BIS provider... Orange??? and change the signature from there.
    02-19-09 06:59 AM
    Thanks for the rapid response.
    BIS provider? Orange are my T-mobile if that makes.
    02-19-09 07:14 AM
    Not what it is you are asking... but you need to log into your cell phone providers website and find your service book on the website, and then there should be some place to change your signature for your Blackberry... your cell phone provider adds that information when it leaves your BB... there is nothing you can change on your 8900.
    02-19-09 07:29 AM
    Thanks - I'll have a go!!
    02-19-09 07:31 AM
    Thanks Fatboy97, that's has also been driving me crazy.
    02-19-09 10:41 AM
    Glad I could help more than one person.
    02-19-09 11:09 AM
    once you remove it, i have different signatures based on the email account I am using. I use the auto text feature to do it. I have it set that when I enter a combination (zzz) hit enter, and the signature appears.
    02-19-09 11:35 AM
    Not what it is you are asking... but you need to log into your cell phone providers website and find your service book on the website, and then there should be some place to change your signature for your Blackberry... your cell phone provider adds that information when it leaves your BB... there is nothing you can change on your 8900.
    Hmmm, i'm a bit confused... do you know to do this for T-Mobile? Do I just log into my T-Mobile and there it's on there somewhere? I looked around but can't figure it out... I'd appreciate some assistance.
    02-19-09 01:40 PM
    Check my signature for the 101 lectures link. There is a lecture on setting up your BIS. I believe that is the one that has a tutorial for changing the signature.
    02-19-09 01:52 PM
    For TMo users, just log into my.tmobile.com and setup/login your account. If you scroll down towards the bottom-left area titled "Communcation Tools." Under the BlackBerry Internet email section will be a link that reads "Setup BlackBerry internet email." This will take you to the email accounts for your BB and you can edit them from there...
    02-22-09 08:16 PM
    Go to Email Settings. This brings up an Email Accounts page. Hit the Blackberry MENU button. Scroll to EDIT. Hit edit and scroll to Signature and change to whatever you want. This works as long as you are with BIS. Good luck!
    Last edited by susiemidd; 01-11-10 at 11:32 AM.
    01-11-10 11:05 AM
    Resurrecting a thread from 11 months ago... way to go susiemidd!!!
    01-11-10 12:36 PM
    Go to Email Settings. This brings up an Email Accounts page. Hit the Blackberry MENU button. Scroll to EDIT. Hit edit and scroll to Signature and change to whatever you want. This works as long as you are with BIS. Good luck!
    Very interesting - I know how to change my e-mail signature through the T-Mobile web site, but wasn't aware that this could be done on the device. For the record, though, my 8900 (OS 5.0.0.411) doesn't have menus as described above by susiemidd. "Email Settings" (reached via the pull-down menu while in e-mail>Options) does not have an option to scroll to "Edit", nor an option for "Signature".

?????
    01-11-10 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD