I am receiving duplicate e-mails on my IMAP school e-mail account. For example: I noticed that I received an e-mail from a fellow group member on my Storm today. I looked at it, and since I was going to write a lengthy response and I had a computer right in front of me anyway, I decided to respond to it using my computer. I hit "Reply" in outlook and sent a response. I then received a duplicate of the original message sent by my group member on my Storm. What's the deal with this? I previously had the account set up via Exchange, but I deleted that account and added the account again via IMAP because there was a delay with receiving messages when it was set up with exchange. Anyone have any ideas? It's only when I reply to a message, otherwise it's fine.
    02-18-09 09:46 PM
    Anyone?

---
    02-19-09 11:53 AM
    I'm not really sure what's causing this. But you said the email that is duplicate is not your reply but the original message you sent. Perhaps its the email account acting up.
    02-19-09 11:58 AM
    I'm not really sure what's causing this. But you said the email that is duplicate is not your reply but the original message you sent. Perhaps its the email account acting up.
    It's the original message that was sent to me. So if I respond, I get an exact copy of the same message I received a minute ago.
    02-19-09 12:22 PM
    I'm not sure if this will help you or not, cause I'm still new to the Storm and Blackberry in general, but here's my 2 cents because I just set up my email yesterday and they told me about this when I did it. Here goes:

- Go to h ttp://ww.blackberry.com/go/vzw and enter your username/pass you used to set up your email on the phone. (fix the link as necessary, I'm new to the forums so it won't let me post links correctly)

- It'll list your valid email accounts, and all the way to the right is a "Filters" option. Click that, and then "Add Filter"

- Name your filter whatever you want, and in the next drop down list next to "Apply filter when:", select "From" field. Then where it says "Contains:" type your e-mail address you're getting dupes sent to.

- At the bottom click the "Do not forward messages to device" bubble.

- Save your filter.

I think that will do it for you...I hope so at least.
    02-19-09 03:00 PM
    I'm not sure if this will help you or not, cause I'm still new to the Storm and Blackberry in general, but here's my 2 cents because I just set up my email yesterday and they told me about this when I did it. Here goes:

- Go to h ttp://ww.blackberry.com/go/vzw and enter your username/pass you used to set up your email on the phone. (fix the link as necessary, I'm new to the forums so it won't let me post links correctly)

- It'll list your valid email accounts, and all the way to the right is a "Filters" option. Click that, and then "Add Filter"

- Name your filter whatever you want, and in the next drop down list next to "Apply filter when:", select "From" field. Then where it says "Contains:" type your e-mail address you're getting dupes sent to.

- At the bottom click the "Do not forward messages to device" bubble.

- Save your filter.

I think that will do it for you...I hope so at least.
    Hmm... I don't think that will work because doing that will filter messages sent from me to myself. The problem is that it's as if the original message was sent twice to me. But it only happens after I reply to FIRST message from my computer. I haven't tried seeing what it does if I reply from my Storm.

Maybe I can explain the problem a little further:

I receive message "A" on my university e-mail account. Since I have this e-mail setup on both my computer in outlook and on my Blackberry, I receive message "A" on both at pretty much the same time (probably a 10 second lag to get the the Blackberry).

I view the message on either my computer or my Storm (doesn't matter).

I send a response to message "A" from my computer. We'll call this message "B."

After about 20 seconds, I will receive an exact duplicate of message "A" on my Blackberry that I had received before responding. So I now have two message "A's" sitting on my blackberry, identical to each other.

I only get the duplicate on my Blackberry, not the computer.

Does that help? The point is I wasn't having this problem when I had the account setup via Exchange on my Blackberry. But once I set it up the way it's supposed to be set up with IMAP this problem began.
    Last edited by RyanB95; 02-19-09 at 03:35 PM.
    02-19-09 03:28 PM
    Interesting. I just deleted the IMAP account and re-added the account again as an Exchange type which I initially had (and did NOT have this problem with), and now the problem is occurring with that setup too. What is the deal?

Someone please help this is extremely annoying!
    02-20-09 12:32 PM
    Can anyone shed any light on this issue? Am I th only one having this problem? It's extremely annoying getting a duplicate message on my BB every time I reply to an e-mail on my computer.
    03-02-09 12:54 PM
    I had something like that happen with Gmail last night. Replied to an email on my computer and about 5 seconds later received a copy of the mail i sent on my BB. No idea why its doing that. Might be some setting im overlooking or something but yea. Don't know if its exactly the same problem as you're having but if I figure it out i'll post something.
    03-02-09 01:10 PM
    Can not help much other than I thought I read somewhere this was a BIS issue and that it would be resolved with the next upgrade. I have been looking into this for a co-worker as well.
    03-02-09 02:10 PM
    I had something like that happen with Gmail last night. Replied to an email on my computer and about 5 seconds later received a copy of the mail i sent on my BB. No idea why its doing that. Might be some setting im overlooking or something but yea. Don't know if its exactly the same problem as you're having but if I figure it out i'll post something.
    That's exactly what's happening to me - except what I wrote in the reply isn't there. It's the original message that I replied to that gets sent to my phone. It's really weird. I just upgraded to .109 from .103 and am still having the same problem. Hmmm...

Can not help much other than I thought I read somewhere this was a BIS issue and that it would be resolved with the next upgrade. I have been looking into this for a co-worker as well.
    I'm hoping it is an OS issue that will just go away with a new OS. Who knows though.
    03-02-09 02:43 PM
    Forgot to mention. My co-worker is having this issue on a Curve, so I do not think it is a Storm OS problem. I am running .75 and I do not get those messages. Good Luck. Wish I could help more.
    03-02-09 02:54 PM
    Getting the same thing here...and it just seemed to start happening a few weeks ago. When I reply to an email in Outlook, it will send a copy of the original email to the blackberry. Driving me nuts...
    03-10-09 09:01 AM
    I have the same problem on my 8330 Curve using a school .edu address.
    04-28-09 08:59 AM
    Same problem here with my corporate email exchange server.
    04-28-09 10:01 AM
    Interesting. I just deleted the IMAP account and re-added the account again as an Exchange type which I initially had (and did NOT have this problem with), and now the problem is occurring with that setup too. What is the deal?

Someone please help this is extremely annoying!

Ryan, I know this doesn't help a lot but I had a similar problem with gmail IMAP (not receiving a copy of what I wrote but a duplicate of the incoming email). I searched the forum for "IMAP problems" and found a lot of tips but none resolved the problem. I ended up deleting the problem gmail account on my BB and forwarded to my yahoo account. I go to ASU and have my school and work emails all forward to my yahoo. For school and work I have it set so it will "archive" the message once it's forwarded (I think this helps with the dups problem)

Then I set the yahoo account so the reply to is my school account with the appropriate signature. Then I can reply to school emails and have it look right. For work, my work email account is set up on my BB but since the new emails are archived once they're forwarded to yahoo I don't get dups of incoming, and I can send outgoing from my work email address with the appropriate signature.

I hope this sheds some light on your problem. If it were me, I would try to set up the school email account as pop and see if that works (if available). If not, I would forward to a yahoo email account (even if you have to make a yahoo dummy address) and set that up in your BB and outlook because yahoo is very fast and I've never had problems with forwarding speed from school account to yahoo, its pretty instant, maybe 1 min.

Sorry for being long-winded. Hope this helps!
    04-28-09 11:28 AM
    You are not alone... Just today I started to get mysterious duplicate emails from a gmail account that I had originally received 22 days ago. I don't know if my duplicates were only ones that I replied to from a pc, but it is only happening from a gmail account that had been sending to me. MY account is a hotmail account, and the mystery emails that I am receiving today do not show up in my Hotmail account they only show up on my Blackberry Storm. Very Strange!
    05-29-09 12:00 AM
    Hate to say, but also have the same problem. I have 3 accounts on my bb but only 1 (corp exchange server) has this issue. Would love to hear if anyone has a solution, like all.... this is driving me crazy
    06-06-09 10:03 AM
    I am resurrecting this thread, as I have the same exact problem and cannot find an answer anywhere on the boards.

I have three e-mail accounts, and only one of them is exhibiting the behavior described by the OP. Interestingly, it is an account with an ".edu" domain, also.

If anyone reading this has a solution to the problem (particularly well descibed by the OP in post #6 above), I would be VERY pleased to read about it. Thanks.
    01-16-10 02:17 PM
    Still no clever ideas on fixing this problem, eh??
    01-21-10 10:39 PM
    Thought I'd give this thread one more try. I'm still experiencing this problem. Everytime I reply to an e-mail on this one account, a dupicate of the original message (not my response) gets pushed to my device. Can't figure out how to fix this problem...
    02-02-10 12:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD