Do you like your Pearl? If you had to make the choice right now would you get it again or world you get another phone?
    02-18-09 07:05 PM
    I love my Pearl and the small form factor. I have been a long time Pearl user, just over 2 years. I would definitely get another one, especially if a next generation Pearl was to be released.
    02-18-09 07:15 PM
    I Like My Pearl But I would Have Gotten Another Phone. The Storm Keeps calling my name
    02-18-09 07:20 PM
    I LOVE my Pearl! I love suretype and the small size. The only drawback to the Pearl, in my opinion, is the low memory.
    02-18-09 07:21 PM
    I think it's a great phone! The size is great, but I will probably go to a 8900 series Curve when Verizon gets one...I crave the bigger screen
    02-18-09 07:54 PM
    Love the Pearl due to the size. The Curve is tempting, but I haven't switched.
    02-18-09 08:09 PM
    I LOVE my Pearl! I love suretype and the small size. The only drawback to the Pearl, in my opinion, is the low memory.
    the sure type is the one thing that is holding me back from jumping on one. I tried it in the store and didn't seem to get the hange of it
    02-18-09 08:10 PM
    i like my pearl but i will likely upgrade to a curve when my contract is up. i would love a bigger screen and qwerty keyboard, but more than that i'd love MORE MEMORY!
    02-18-09 08:13 PM
    I find, when using SureType, it helps not to look at the words on the screen as you type. I just proofread afterwards. I find I am much faster using it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 09:02 PM
    Love it. But I see a full keyboard and larger screen in my future though.
    02-18-09 09:47 PM
    I too really like my pearl, but I will also probably move to a curve also.

02-18-09 09:59 PM
    I love my pearl but I've had it for 2 and a half years and I'm kinda ready for an upgrade. But its a GREAT blackberry!

02-18-09 10:12 PM
    I love my Pearl. I often alternate between my Curve & Pearl. I use the Pearl more on the weekends. I only had my Pearl about 2 months before I switched to the Curve and thats only because I wanted the Curve but the red one wasn't available yet- I got it as soon as it was.

I think both are tremendously great phones. The Pearl should just have more memory.
    02-18-09 10:30 PM
    I love my Pearl. I often alternate between my Curve & Pearl.

I think both are tremendously great phones. The Pearl should just have more memory.
    Same here! And I agree, you can't go wrong with either. They are both
    fantastic devices
    02-18-09 11:23 PM
    I love my pearl (fits GREAT in my pocket) the keypad is just the right size, and with the new update your can install a 16 gig card so i have no memory issues. Although im thinking when its times to upgrade I might have to go with the storm, just love that click touch screen.
    02-18-09 11:45 PM
    The Pearl is my first BB and I love it. I like the SureType too. I haven't had any memory problems....yet, so I can't comment on that. I really like the small size.
    02-19-09 12:19 AM
    yes i like my 8120 very much.

i just wish the mext pearl has 256mb internal memory, BT, WIFI, GPS on board, 3,2 Mpx camera with auto focus. and 3g network too.
    02-19-09 12:49 AM
    yes i like my 8120 very much.

i just wish the mext pearl has 256mb internal memory, BT, WIFI, GPS on board, 3,2 Mpx camera with auto focus. and 3g network too.
    Your not to picky now are ya?

Anyways I love my pearl, my it is my first BB and has been a great phone. I don't know about upgrading just yet, I wouldn't mind the 8930 once it gets released on vzw in the 3rd quarter of this year. I think the biggest thing that keeps me attached to my pearl is its compact size. I like how it fits in my hand. Otherwise, I suppose SureType isn't all that bad, it just frustrates the heck outta me every now and then. I'm sick of typing see, and it coming up are, half the time I don't proof read when I'm done, I'm just in to much of a hurry, and yes I know that is my problem. But I agree with the consensus, more memory would be an amazing upgrade to this phone! Im not one of those app crazed people but I do have a few and a few additional browsers, and it just seems to drain the memory to much. I would like it if my memory would stay in the 50,000,000 bytes zone but most the time its down around 20,000,000.

02-19-09 01:07 AM
    20 is not a bad # to be at.
    02-19-09 01:09 AM
    No not at all I agree, I just love to see bigger numbers! Idk maybe its just a lil OCD. But your right 20 isn't a bad #

02-19-09 01:11 AM
    I wouldnt get it again. Ya it's a good phone but I would go for something with a bigger screen like the Storm or even the Curve. But I have to say when my contract runs out I will be switching from Telus and going to Rogers and getting the iphone
    Last edited by garthmo; 02-19-09 at 01:21 AM. Reason: spelling
    02-19-09 01:21 AM
    This is my first blackberry and I love everything about from web browsing to emailing and back to gaming. This phone is great for showing off as well. Love tethering it to my laptop. All in all maybe 2 years from now I will be in your position and ready for a upgrade!
    02-19-09 01:37 AM
    I love mine but being as I'm blind as a bat, I do need the bigger screen and will upgrade to whatever large screen option Verizon has put out by May-Sept when Im due for an upgrade
    02-19-09 02:11 AM
    I love my Pearl, just bought a new one and thinking about getting another one as a backup because I love it that much BUT that Bold just seems to be calling to me! Upgrade due end of April - Bold or New Pearl What to do, What to do!
    02-19-09 03:05 AM
    Just for the record what is the ideal number for your memory to be at? Mine is at 12,000,000 at the moment, usually 20,000,000!
    02-19-09 03:12 AM
76 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD