I am new to the Blackberry world and am trying to make a decision. I'm wondering which way to go with email. I do not want to connect to the email server at work so that is not one of my options. However I do have Yahoo mail accounts but also am open to using the Blackberry server. Which is the most widely used method? I am able to get to Yahoo email but can not see it full screen and responding to Yahoo email is difficult. Any comments or suggestions are appreciated. TIA!
    01-27-08 04:02 PM
    I have Yahoo and it works great it gets delivered to my BB instantly. What problems are you haveing vieweing and replying to email. Oh and you also get full two way sync with Yahoo email.
    Last edited by zerog32; 01-27-08 at 04:12 PM.
    01-27-08 04:08 PM
    Maybe my biggest hurdle is setting up Blackberry Internet Service (BIS). When I got my BB I did not set it up for email and when I try to do it now I've run into issues with BIS.
    01-27-08 04:15 PM
    Just call your provider and have them reset it. Once you set up Yahoo in your BIS it will get to your BB faster than your computer.
    01-27-08 04:21 PM
    Just call your provider and have them reset it. Once you set up Yahoo in your BIS it will get to your BB faster than your computer.
    This is true! I rarely log onto email from my desktop anymore. My email gets pushed faster to my Curve...I love it!
    01-29-08 01:42 AM
    just curious on how this would work for gmail. when I got the curve and was going through the setup it gave me the option to set up an email account from my business enterprise server, but did not have the option to set up a "personal" email account like the manual said it would. any details? thanks
    01-31-08 08:41 AM
    just curious on how this would work for gmail. when I got the curve and was going through the setup it gave me the option to set up an email account from my business enterprise server, but did not have the option to set up a "personal" email account like the manual said it would. any details? thanks
    Well, there are 2 solutions for Gmail. You can download the Gmail application to read your mail directly, or you can setup your Gmail address by going to the BIS setup page. Let me know if you need more help, I have done both.
    01-31-08 10:08 AM
    ok great! the reason I brought it up was because I did not see an option (like the user manual said i would) to add a personal email address.. but it was asking for me to set up a business email... so basically I can setup all of this via the BIS website for AT&T? will I basically set up the @blackberry.net email and just have my gmail forwarded to that? thanks
    01-31-08 10:23 AM
    my email just isn't wanting to work!! im having the same issue with the BB not giving me the option for personal email, AND ive gone to the BIS site and signed up (both with a personal address and a new blackberry.net address)

nothing is working!
    01-31-08 10:50 AM
    You have to have the Blackberry Personal plan in order for the e mail setup to give you the option to set up your personal e mail. Otherwise, it will only ask you if you want to set up a business e mail.
    01-31-08 11:44 AM
    If you add your gmail account it'll be it's own account and won't need it forwarded to your bb email. The gmail will be on your bb along with your bb email and whatever other email you decide to add.
    01-31-08 01:24 PM
    Just a warning that many users are currently experiencing delay issues with Gmail on Blackberry set up through BIS and have had to resort to set the Gmail account to forward all email to a blackberry.net account in order to get email instantly.

Not everyone is having this problem but I certainly do and so do many others right now.
    01-31-08 08:24 PM
    I am having Gmail delay issues and was wonering if it was just me. I've deleted the account off the device and off the BIS page. I'm going to let it sit for a while and see if the clear out will work out the glitch. Is it a Gmail issue?
    02-01-08 11:48 AM
    I am having Gmail delay issues and was wonering if it was just me. I've deleted the account off the device and off the BIS page. I'm going to let it sit for a while and see if the clear out will work out the glitch. Is it a Gmail issue?
    Yes this is a Gmail issue, its been going on for like 2 weeks now.
    02-01-08 11:53 AM
    Thanks. It was working smoothly until last night, and now it's worthless. Maybe I'll try the workaround.
    02-01-08 11:57 AM
    You can also download the gmail app, so that you don't have to wait for email to pushed to your phone.
    02-01-08 12:00 PM
    True - I'm just not a fan of that app since it doesn't have a new mail indicator. Im lazy I guess....I just like to know when the new mail arrives.
    02-01-08 12:03 PM
    yeah i'm lazy too haha! was working really fast last night and even early this morning. i dunno... it's working for me now. i did order a new curve though and it gave me the option to set up personal email .. the other one did not ... just curious.. everyone with the curve 8310 who's rockin Titanium ??? heck yeah awesome color
    02-01-08 12:07 PM
    True - I'm just not a fan of that app since it doesn't have a new mail indicator. Im lazy I guess....I just like to know when the new mail arrives.
    Not much you can do to make it work. Use your BB email address then.

I love my titanium curve, the gold is too ugly.
    02-01-08 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD