I saw a post or a few about not having a iphone data plan if you have a bold and iphone. Users stated that just keep the bb plan and swap sims for times you want to use the iphone. Users on this board where informing each other that it will work. Well it does work, but if you swap sims, Att with in 24 hours will text you and tell you the rate plan is not an iphone. After another 24 hours of use, the texts become more threatening . Att indicates they will charge you for data if you th device with the wrong plan. I switch sims and the threats went away
    02-18-09 06:34 AM
    You're right. I have both the iPhoney and the BOLD. I used the iPhone on Valentine's Day to blow a kiss to someone. The next morning, I had ATT text msgs telling me what a big ol' NO NO it was! ha!

My true love is my BOLD, so it wasn't a biggie. I just swapped the SIM card back and we all lived happily ever after.
    02-18-09 06:56 AM
    Another option is to unlock the Iphone so you can use a sim card from another carrier including prepaid sim cards too.
    Just another way to use your Iphone on occasion without the hassle from your carrier.
    I still use my Iphone but only when I have wifi access.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD