Ok, I am pretty confused here. I have my SMS messages set to be thrown into a different folder other than my email messages folder. Basically, when using the default theme that came with the storm, my SMS folder is different from my email messages.

When I install and run themes (a few of them I REALLY like), the SMS icon is missing. For some themes, the icon is there while others it is not.

Any beat on what's up here?

Thanks in advance!
    02-17-09 08:26 PM
    Which themes are giving you trouble?

I know you know your BB stuff, but are you sure the Messages and SMS are set to "Separate" rather than "Theme Controlled"? The default Storm theme has Messages and SMS separated automatically (ie theme controlled).

Otherwise, I have no clue. With my settings set to "Separate," every theme I've tried (and that's many of them) has shown the SMS icon.
    02-17-09 08:31 PM
    Which themes are giving you trouble?

I know you know your BB stuff, but are you sure the Messages and SMS are set to "Separate" rather than "Theme Controlled"? The default Storm theme has Messages and SMS separated automatically (ie theme controlled).

Otherwise, I have no clue. With my settings set to "Separate," every theme I've tried (and that's many of them) has shown the SMS icon.
    OMG dude you are brilliant! That was my problem! I totally forgot about theme control option. Phew! You are a life saver! Was loosing my mind there for a bit!

Thanks much!
    02-17-09 08:35 PM
    LOL I had that same question and uninstalled a theme for that reason! DOH!

Were you talking about the G1 theme?
    02-17-09 08:39 PM
    Often times most themes are "theme controlled" so it should have occurred whenever you download a new theme. I hate when they are jammed together so thats the first thing i do, Also like yourself i was freaking out the first time as well lol
    02-17-09 09:18 PM
    Sorry, new BB user. How do I change the setting for SMS to separate?
    02-17-09 09:36 PM
    Go into your messages folder. Hit the BB button and choose options. Under General Options, select separate for the SMS & Email Inboxes.
    02-17-09 09:38 PM
    Thanks for the quick help! I was just about reedy to remove the theme!
    02-17-09 09:41 PM
    Messages -> BB Buttom -> Options -> General Options -> SMS and Email Inboxes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD