I dropped my bold and scrambled the screen. I replaced the screen with one from cnn.cn but it is incompatible with my bold. How can I insure I get a replacement screen that is compatible with a bold made in Hungary?
    02-17-09 12:22 PM
    ^^ i need the answer to this question too.... hungary bolds are not compatible from my findings..
    02-17-09 01:32 PM
    I dropped my bold and scrambled the screen. I replaced the screen with one from cnn.cn but it is incompatible with my bold. How can I insure I get a replacement screen that is compatible with a bold made in Hungary?
    Have you e-mailed cnn.cn about this? And maybe sending you another one in exchange for the one they sent you. I've read more good reviews than bad about cnn.cn on here. Worth a shot.
    02-17-09 01:34 PM
    Yeah I would definitely contact Cnn.cn about this. I find it weird that the LCD screen is not compatible with your Bold no matter where the Bold is made.
    02-17-09 02:34 PM
    i had the same problem. I swapped anyway and sent it back to rogers for a replacement phone.
    02-17-09 02:41 PM
    CNN.CN is awesome. Only place I shop for my replacement parts and accessories.
    02-17-09 02:41 PM
    I'm reading more and more about cracked screens. How are they being cracked?
    Last edited by wirelessgal; 02-17-09 at 02:46 PM.
    02-17-09 02:42 PM
    I reading more and more about cracked screens. How are they being cracked?
    Carelesness.
    02-17-09 02:44 PM
    Carelesness.

I hope that's the case...well you know what I mean. I was reading a thread in the 8900 forum and a guy's 8900 screen cracked because he had it in his pant pocket and it cracked because his jeans were too tight.
    02-17-09 02:48 PM
    I hope that's the case...well you know what I mean. I was reading a thread in the 8900 forum and a guy's 8900 screen cracked because he had it in his pant pocket and it cracked because his jeans were too tight.
    Like I said, carelesness

I just keep mine in the holster when I got my jeans on. Putting it in your pocket all the time isn't good.
    02-17-09 02:50 PM
    Like I said, carelesness

I just keep mine in the holster when I got my jeans on. Putting it in your pocket all the time isn't good.

I use a silicone case and put mine in my purse. I know it doesn't protect the screen, but I'm hoping my leather purse will.
    02-17-09 03:04 PM
    i had... and i still use, the pearl and it's really storng phone, i dropped so many times.. never had a scree issue... always in my jeans pocket withotut any holster etc... but... i've the feel that the bold is not the same, it's very delicated so now i use holster and leather purse.
    02-17-09 06:37 PM
    I went to Cnn.cn to see if they had any LCD replacement screens for the 8900, and they did not have any listed. Did they used to? and/or is there another place i could purchase one and be guaranteed it will be compatible with my phone?
    10-04-09 12:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD