Hi All, sorry for the spam. I did read the sticky post on the newest OS but when I go to download it, it says Sprint L.P. Will this OS upgrade for my device work if I'm a Verizon Wireless customer? I tried to parse through the forum thread, but didn't see that anyone else had asked this specific question. I'd like to upgrade to the most recent OS version, but don't want to hose my device. Any help is appreciated. And, if I'm being dumb, and just can't find it - please be kind! Cheers, Kristi
    02-17-09 10:23 AM
    You can. You just need to delete the Vendor file.
    On the new OS it should give you instructions on how to install the new OS
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Yessee; 02-17-09 at 10:29 AM.
    02-17-09 10:26 AM
    OS's are device specific.
    02-17-09 10:38 AM
    Yeah, but she can install the Sprint OS on the Verizon Curve.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/new...nguage-152163/

02-17-09 10:41 AM
    I'm running it on my Verizion 8330. I had to disable the auto updates on my Desktop Manager for it to work though.

02-17-09 10:49 AM
    For verizon updates go here https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=RM5B4Fqd

02-17-09 11:05 AM
    Thanks everyone! I just installed successfully. Much appreciated.
    02-17-09 11:55 AM
    Hi All, sorry for the spam. I did read the sticky post on the newest OS but when I go to download it, it says Sprint L.P. Will this OS upgrade for my device work if I'm a Verizon Wireless customer? I tried to parse through the forum thread, but didn't see that anyone else had asked this specific question. I'd like to upgrade to the most recent OS version, but don't want to hose my device. Any help is appreciated. And, if I'm being dumb, and just can't find it - please be kind! Cheers, Kristi
    Yes, you can install newest OS version even though the landing page for the download references Sprint. The OS is device specific and although some carriers may add things to a device, it has no effect on the OS.
    02-17-09 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD