I was just wondering since Alltel has merged with Verizon, will Verizon get some of the blackberry's that Alltel has? Such as the curve in red, or the pearl in blue or red? Where I live I am pretty much forced to have Verizon since it is the only one that works well on eastern Long Island, and the only major cell phone provider that has a store located close by without having to drive two hours when something goes wrong with the phone.

Brandie
    02-17-09 04:41 AM
    get a can of rustoleum and go nuts.

Then it'll be waterproof too!

02-17-09 04:58 PM
    Use a skin. You can't even see the color of my berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 05:01 PM
    get a can of rustoleum and go nuts.

Then it'll be waterproof too!

Just make sure you tape off the screen first!

Actually, that is an interesting question. I know that when VZW absorbed Qwest, some of the phones made the jump & others didn't. I don't recall any color variations making it over though.

As vndlewis mentioned, you could use a skin. If you're like me and prefer BlackBerrys just the way RIM intended, a skin is out of the question.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 05:11 PM
    nah too much work for a qwest sub contract.

With the actual aquisition they are trying to keep as many alltel customers with their current handsets. Makes sense, instead of sending out 10 million new phones.
    02-17-09 07:46 PM
    From my understanding in tech support, we will be bringing over the majority of the Alltell phones, this will include the Alltell BBs. Now don't quote me on this, but the devices must meet a specific criteria including being E911 compliant. I'm sure VZW will not accept any old dual mode with 800mhz analog since we killed our analog streams last year.

Considering that VZW had like 50% of LGs current catalog of phones and Alltel has the other 45% , we may be quickly end up being LG's main distributor of their phones in the US...LOL

Back to the point tho, Im sure there will need to be some phone migrations for Alltel customers. Currently we have had no update as far as what devices are approved. Im sure that we will create software/firmware updates for popular current Alltel models with VZWs software interface on them. Would make some sense espicially to upload the GIN catalog, VZ navigator, and Rhapsody services. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    02-17-09 08:47 PM
    So will an Altel BB Curve work on VZW?
    02-20-09 07:41 AM

Back to the point tho, Im sure there will need to be some phone migrations for Alltel customers. Currently we have had no update as far as what devices are approved. Im sure that we will create software/firmware updates for popular current Alltel models with VZWs software interface on them. Would make some sense espicially to upload the GIN catalog, VZ navigator, and Rhapsody services. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    I think the OP was wondering if the specific phone models being sold as Alltel will be sold under the VZW name post merger. Like he said the other color Curves and whatnot.

My personal theory is that yes the current line of phones (and those that may be in the pile for a release later this year) will be eventually re branded and sold as VZW phones BUT that probably does not mean last generation BB's like the Curve, Perl, 8830, etc. as they are going to be phased out over the next year. Anything is possible but I doubt it.

By the time all of the details of the merger are completed the updated Curve 8930 will probably be available on VZW or pretty close to available.
    02-21-09 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD