just picked up my 8900 today...huge upgrade over my 8320. Only problem i seem to be having is that uma is not connecting. I ran the wifi diagnostic and it gives me error w006.1 isp or tmobile network error. I no my network is ok because all my other things are working fine. i tried a battery pull and resending service books... any help would be much appreciated
    02-16-09 10:45 PM
    Does your device see your network when you run wifi setup?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 11:00 PM
    My UMA stays connected for a few minutes or hours at a time.. I don't get service at my house, so this is really important to me. Sometimes I won't get texts or calls (voice mails) until hours later. I have my 8900 set up exactly how my 8320 was, but it just wont stay connected! Also noticed that it won't stay connected to the "mobile network" if I haven't taken it out of the case in half an hour or so.. whats going on? I constantly have to reconnect it to both. I'm sending mine back in and getting a new one to replace it. I've tried everything with no luck. Glad to know I'm not the only one with the UMA problem at least.. has anyone else had problems connecting to UMA, mobile network or even blue tooth? (I don't use my blue tooth enough to notice if it is as sketchy as the other two.)
    02-16-09 11:01 PM
    yea it recognises my netowkr but wont go into uma... i ran the diagnostic and thats the error it gave me
    02-16-09 11:04 PM
    Check out the WiFi guide in my signature.
    02-16-09 11:33 PM
    That is weird your device see's your network but won't jump on. I've found I have even more range with OS .133. I'd double check my settings and make sure I've got it set to auto - press Options-WiFi and make sure your network is listed and WiFi selection mode is set to Auto. If it is, I'd run the WiFi setup again - and try an OS upgrade if you haven't yet.

02-17-09 12:03 AM
    My UMA was working fine and suddenly stopped connecting at work. After trying everything I could find to try, I finally snuck into the network/phone room and unplugged the wireless router for about 30 secs. Its worked fine ever since.
    02-17-09 12:23 AM
    Yep that usually solves the problem a good bit of the time. Restart the phone and the router.
    02-17-09 12:26 AM
    That is the advice in the help guide as well, Even happens with T-Mo's @home VoiP service - power everything down and restart in sequence

02-17-09 03:10 AM
    Exactly, thanks exelant! That's why I refer to that guide so often. It is a great compilation of information. If people ready through that guide completely and the whole thread if necessary (I did) they will have a great understanding of how it all works.
    02-17-09 11:29 AM
    I tried that will try again when I get outta work and see what happens

02-17-09 11:46 AM
    I had the UMA issue with one of the three new 8900s I just bought. All I had to do was reset my router and modem and then it worked just fine.

02-17-09 12:49 PM
    hmm i tried that ... ill try again later also will try it on a different network tonight if possible...
    02-17-09 03:53 PM
    Well I tried on a diff network....all is well just gotta reset my system at home I guess

02-17-09 07:12 PM
    Reset the home network....all is good now I guess I didn't unplug it long enough

02-17-09 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD