So I'm trying to sync my BB address book/calendar with my Outlook address book/calendar via Desktop Manager.

The two address books seem to sync up just fine. However, the two calendars won't sync religiously (some things will sync and some won't). I go into Advanced Configurations and change all the defaults for conflicts and try each scenario (Handheld Wins, Outlook Wins, etc) and it still won't work. Syncing used to work fine and all of a sudden it has done this crap. So I upgraded my Desktop Manager to the most recent one allowed by AT&T. Still no success.

I am at a loss. I know the syncing is working since the address book is getting synced. Not sure what is happening on the calendar side....whether it's Desktop Manager, Outlook or my BB. Anyone else run into this sort of problem?
    01-25-08 05:26 PM
    I was just having the same issue. I found a thread that said to go into your service books (under "Advanced Options") and delete all email addresses with "Cical" after it. I just tried and it seems to work!

Sorry this is my 1st post here so I can't post a link to the thread. But a search for "Calendar Sync" in the title would find it.
    paraiso1975 likes this.
    02-08-08 10:05 AM
    I had the same calendar sync problem and was tearing my hair out. Deleting those email addresses worked! Thank you!!!
    08-25-08 09:50 AM
    It worked. On the device, I went to settings>>advanced options>>servicebooks and deleted any address with "cical" in the description. Voila, the Outlook calendar synced for the first time simce I bought this 9000 device 6 months ago. Sweet!!! Thanks very much.
    03-26-09 06:53 PM
    It worked. On the device, I went to settings>>advanced options>>servicebooks and deleted any address with "cical" in the description. Voila, the Outlook calendar synced for the first time simce I bought this 9000 device 6 months ago. Sweet!!! Thanks very much.
    Yes, thank you verrrryy much. Worked here as well.

If it were not for this forum, I would have thrown the BB into the lake a long time ago.

Bob
    05-13-09 11:17 AM
    Thank-you, thank-you, thank-you! I spent a very frustrating Sunday afternoon with my blackberry and computer trying to get my calendar to sync again. Wish I would have seen this about 4 hours earlier In less than a minute it was all working again
    05-18-09 10:19 AM
    I've had a frustrating afternoon, trying to fix this. Your solution worked -- all those complicated ones didn't! Thanks.
    05-21-09 04:13 PM
    Thank you so much - I've spent the afternoon searching so many other sites for solutions, which were all rubbish. This took 30 seconds and worked perfectly!
    05-27-09 11:20 AM
    I haven't tried to sync my berry to my calendar yet, but plan to. Reading up on it before I give it a try. This is the best place. Almost like a BB book for dummies.
    05-27-09 09:54 PM
    thanks! after bashing my head against the wall for about 2 hours each time i tried to sync, this 30-second fix did it! woo hoo!
    05-31-09 12:23 PM
    I had the same problem and i fixed my bb using this thread! Thanks a lot! But I want to know is why did i have to delete those files off my phone? What do they do? Does anyone know this?
    06-11-09 08:29 PM
    had the same problem before here
    06-17-09 05:35 AM
    Had the exact same problem. Tried google searching the answer and found little that was helpful. One quick search on Crackberry.com and problem solved in less than 30 seconds! I love this site!
    06-18-09 05:24 PM
    I did the "cical" thing, and the sync log shows hundreds of calendar items being read, but they still don't show up in my BB. ??

I get the error: "Unable to get Outlook or MS Exchange record. [just one??] Lack of network access to MS Exchange Server can cause this problem. Retry and if the problem persists, please refer to the on-line help topic 'How Do I Receive Technical Support'. "

So now I suppose that I'll have to sit on the phone for 2 hours with them?

Hey RIM: Why is this so diffucult?

any ideas??

Thanks!!!!
    06-23-09 02:09 PM
    Amazing!! Had to go back twice and double-check that I had deleted all CICAL; I had missed a couple. Once I took care of that, it worked like a charm. How would anyone ever know to do this???!!
    07-10-09 09:15 AM
    This solution worked great. I have also noticed that if you use the Facebook application, I had to delete the Facebook [CICAL] entry in the Service Books as well as the emails. Without deleting the Facebook entry the calendar sync would start, and the stop midway without actual syncing.
    07-10-09 10:42 AM
    Just to make sure I understand this solution. Did you even delete the 'cical' entry for your primary email address? When I called Alltel they said I needed that one. But then, they were wrong about everything else!
    Thanks
    07-11-09 09:29 PM
    So, this fix worked for me (thanks very much for saving me hours of hair-pulling), but it begs the question: "Why?"

I mean, service books are supposed to help communicate between the BB and other apps/devices, right? So when many people discover that deleting all the [Cical] entries fixes their problem, I wonder what's going on.

Just trying not to be so ignorant...

Regards, Lee
    07-17-09 09:39 AM
    Yes at some time all of us have had this problem, currently is seems to have more effect on pop mail settings than enterprise. Last year BBerry addressed this with a patch, but it still shows up. Deleting ALL cical entries clears it, and here is the orginal patch infromation:

add http w3 then blackberry.com/select/calendarPatch2007

So I'm trying to sync my BB address book/calendar with my Outlook address book/calendar via Desktop Manager.

The two address books seem to sync up just fine. However, the two calendars won't sync religiously (some things will sync and some won't). I go into Advanced Configurations and change all the defaults for conflicts and try each scenario (Handheld Wins, Outlook Wins, etc) and it still won't work. Syncing used to work fine and all of a sudden it has done this crap. So I upgraded my Desktop Manager to the most recent one allowed by AT&T. Still no success.

I am at a loss. I know the syncing is working since the address book is getting synced. Not sure what is happening on the calendar side....whether it's Desktop Manager, Outlook or my BB. Anyone else run into this sort of problem?
    07-17-09 10:25 AM
    Before I attempt the "Cical fix" describe throughout these posts, I want to be sure my problem is the same. Here it is: When I synch my 8330 Curve using Blackberry Desktop Manager with Outlook, Blackberry wants to delete most all entries in my Outlook calendar. It seems to be on a 60 day cycle. I've lost everything from Jan. 1 of this year (and before) up till June. I've stopped synching until i can find a fix! Does the Cical fix address this?? HELP!
    08-08-09 03:08 PM
    Same problem, I lost everything in my Outlook Calendar, almost like the BB stole it. I have spent the last three days trying everything and this is the ONLY solution to our problem.

As stated from the past thread:
    On the BB Device, go to Options, then Advanced, Service Books
    - Delete all email addresses with CICAL attached to it
    - If the addresses are too long, select it to see description
    08-17-09 08:12 PM
    I have a Curve 8330 with the same problem as everyone else here. Going into the service books and deleting all the e-mail addresses with "CICAL" after them fixed the problem. All my Outlook appointments are BACK !! THANKS. Be sure to get all the addresses - some of mine were longer and the "CICAL" did not show up unless I selected them and looked at the next page that appeared.
    08-25-09 12:22 PM
    I have the same problem. I've deleted the CICAL entries and it still won't work for me. Any other suggestions?
    08-26-09 07:12 PM
    Thank you Crackberry Nation !!

The solution posted here worked like a charm.
    09-02-09 01:33 PM
    This worked just fine for me too. Amazing that it hasn't been fixed yet since it appears to have been going on for awhile.
    09-04-09 01:06 PM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD