I have been reading a lot about all the leaked OS's and have done most of the updates since i got my storm. I have also been researching a lot about the processor and the chip set that this phone has. Now I'm not sure exactly how fast the processor is running, but iv read its not at its fullest potential. So I guess id like to know if some one could shed some light on this issue. What is the processor speed? And are these new leaked OS's using the processor to its fullest potential?

I also realize that we worry about fixing all the bugs first, so this might not be something that RIM is currently worried about.
    02-16-09 08:15 AM
    We don't know for sure. A lot of that would require access to the source code for the OS.

But it seems perfectly reasonable that the CPU might be underclocked a little. A faster CPU requires more battery power. It also generates more heat. These are probably the two biggest issues any embedded platform developer has to contend with. When you have sensitive electronics all crammed together in such tight quarters, even a fraction of a degree can be devastating.

No one outside of RIM's engineering staff really knows anything one way or the other. Everyone else is just speculating on incomplete information with holes big enough to sail a navy through.
    02-16-09 10:45 AM
    The clock frequency isn't held constant, it is dynamically changed based on CPU load, etc.
    02-16-09 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD