how do i set my phone so that the apps i install are on the media card?
    02-16-09 06:02 AM
    they can only be used to store ringtones, videos, music, and pictures. Sorry!!
    02-16-09 06:06 AM
    So the media card cannot be used to save emails or contacts either?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 07:59 AM
    There is away to get apps on you media card you need a program.

Problem is they are only stored! If you want to run 1 you have to install it. So now it's on the system, then once your done with it uninstall it and it will still be stored on the media card.
    Last edited by jamesandyori; 02-16-09 at 08:41 AM.
    02-16-09 08:37 AM
    Last podcast Kevin tried to talk to Mike about this issue. He didnt really comment to much about it. Maybe we will be seeing this with the app store soon?
    02-16-09 01:20 PM
    I know in the computer world, sorry but i need to explain, there are executable programs that run as temporary programs, such as online virus scans.
    When a program is installed on a computer, there are new registry keys that are created and that allows all actions on the comtpuer. No registry, no usable computer.

I think this is true, but i could be wrong with a blackberry OS. Because there are so many things that happen, i would imagine that they must create a much smaller Registry.

On computers again, there are programs you can download to a certain USB thumbdrive, called Sandisk. I dont know exactly how these programs are modified but you can run them without installing them to the comptuer.

So i would thinkn that will a little bit of tweaking to certain programs, you could run them from external memory!

Questions anyone?

Ben
    02-16-09 03:33 PM
    I am new to Blackberry and don't really know the OS yet. But, on the Palm I used to use there were third party launchers that would copy programs from the card into the executable memory so you could run them and then remove them when you closed the app. It was slower to launch and, obviously, wouldn't work for a program that needed to run in the background, but it was a nice way to hang onto apps you didn't use frequently without taking up precious memory. I have wondered why this isn't done on B'berry's, but again I don't know the OS well...
    02-16-09 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD