Reason being... All the ones I have tried slow my storm down. I'm on .78 official, if that makes a difference.

Is this theme related or os related?

For now its the original for me unless someone knows a magical way to make it better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 11:32 PM
    Well I'm almost in the same boat. The custom theme I'm running is also slowing me down just a bit but I'm hanging in there cause I was able to adjust things to better suit me. I really like and it makes my phone complete.

But the slowness is starting to get to me also.
    02-15-09 11:34 PM
    have to agree. still think the original theme is the best and fastest.
    02-15-09 11:35 PM
    have to agree. still think the original theme is the best and fastest.
    Same here but you got to understand its still "beta stage".
    02-15-09 11:36 PM
    Have any of you tried IRingRevolution? I've had almost no performance impact at all with this one. I've used many themes and probably only a few have not harmed performance.
    02-15-09 11:36 PM
    I too have gone back to the original theme. The scrolling lag in pre 99 builds was one of my biggest pet peeves. All the themes I have tried so far bring this nuisance back.

02-15-09 11:46 PM
    Yeah same here i get a bit of lag with almost all the themes except Firestorm. But i still stick to the original theme.
    02-15-09 11:47 PM
    The main problem I'm having is that it takes an absolute age to unlock after pulling it out of the leather case. I get that loading icon for ages.

02-15-09 11:47 PM
    this theme has not slowed down anything, regardless of os, and it even seems faster than the default vzw theme

Glass Breaker Version 2 |

just saying, if you dont wanna try it thats fine but if your having issues with lag etc give it a shot, its free
    02-15-09 11:48 PM
    lag or not, the current plazmic beta leaks memory on every beta theme.

eventually your ram will drop to nothing.
    02-15-09 11:48 PM
    I think we also have to remember this was a "leaked" program, a beta if you will. Maybe we are being observed, watched, . . . they could be looking at us right now, taking notes . . . filming our every move.

Where's my tinfoil hat? Mommy.
    02-15-09 11:49 PM
    Reason being... All the ones I have tried slow my storm down. I'm on .78 official, if that makes a difference.
    Why not upgrade the OS if u are willing to try a beta theme? Chances are it will run better with the newest beta os
    02-15-09 11:57 PM
    I am using SmoothAqua on os .103 and am at 45mb app memory. I have noticed no lag. A tiny bit of slowdown that is really so small it has no effect but thats about it.

Link to SmoothAqua thread:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/sm...-theme-161029/
    02-16-09 12:05 AM
    Yeah, the lag is a real bummer. I'm waiting till the official comes out. It aint the end of the world. It'll come.
    02-16-09 12:18 AM
    I was thinking about doing the same thing until I dl Gears of war. Great theme and i don't seem to have any lag. If i do is very minimum.
    (BTW. Great theme! Thanks Zachriel)
    02-16-09 12:26 AM
    I was thinking about doing the same thing until I dl Gears of war. Great theme and i don't seem to have any lag. If i do is very minimum.
    (BTW. Great theme! Thanks Zachriel)
    same here... i tried a whole bunch of themes until gears of war... i'd recommend it
    02-16-09 12:54 AM
    I too tried the Gears of War and it works really smooth with original .75 FW
    02-16-09 03:30 AM
    Have any of you tried IRingRevolution? I've had almost no performance impact at all with this one. I've used many themes and probably only a few have not harmed performance.
    I'm running the same theme and it is a bit slower than the original - but much better than the others I've tried.The little bit of speed I lose is worth it for the features I gain.
    02-16-09 07:11 AM
    I had performance issues with thw ring one... However the mothy one in my sig has been fine for me....

02-16-09 07:32 AM
    I'm using just "Pink" theme and I love it. Haven't noticed any issues..I like it much more than the original and if anything it seems to be working better for me. I also had my boyfriend get the Gears of War theme. I wish he'd clean up his icons more though, lol. I'm a neat freak =)
    02-16-09 09:33 AM
    I love your glassbreaker theme. Is it possible to make a Today Plus version?
    02-16-09 10:25 AM
    Gears of War theme... My opinion the best one out of all of them did not notice any lag.
    OS.75
    03-11-09 12:45 PM
    I stopped using themes for awhile for the same reason. I now use BluBerry and its awesome.
    03-11-09 03:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD