Can some one please make a threaded SMS app like the iphone of instant messaging on instango or AIM... I talked to a lot of people and everyone wants and would pay for it, So Please Someone create it!!!
    Thanks
    02-15-09 01:22 PM
    02-15-09 01:25 PM
    This is something i think RIM Could do easily. Just make SMS/MMS look like Blackberry Messenger. That would be perfect imho. I mean the blackberries are already technically threaded sms, but just not pretty lol..
    02-15-09 02:03 PM
    has anyone used swoosh??
    02-15-09 02:49 PM
    yeah i want one that just basically replaces the one on the storm already with an alert and everythign but i guess no one developed it yet
    02-15-09 03:08 PM
    Well there is one very close to your request but you still have to clear 2 inboxes.. it creates alerts and is threaded.. It is like 3Gsms orsomething.. the name escapes me at the moment
    02-15-09 05:44 PM
    if you get the name let me know cuz i really want it
    02-15-09 06:17 PM
    02-15-09 07:40 PM
    that app is ok...but ideally the app wouldnt have to create its own icon, but rather embedd the bbm stlye conversation in the standard sms program
    02-15-09 10:48 PM
    This is something i think RIM Could do easily. Just make SMS/MMS look like Blackberry Messenger. That would be perfect imho. I mean the blackberries are already technically threaded sms, but just not pretty lol..
    I started a thread before solely on that idea. Incorporating texts into BBM just makes pure sense. Or at least the same app dedicated to texts.
    02-15-09 11:18 PM
    lets ask dmg
    02-16-09 03:35 AM
    I want this app! I can't stand the way SMS works on these BB's. I would also pay for this app.

I will be looking into the other apps posted to see how they work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 06:57 AM
    There it is! The famous "like the iphone"
    guff statement.

Same sentiments - go and get an iphone then!
    02-16-09 07:01 AM
    I agree, that would be great!
    02-16-09 07:11 AM
    There it is! The famous "like the iphone"
    guff statement.

Same sentiments - go and get an iphone then!
    Yes, theoretically someone can just do that. Or there can be a person that enjoys the benefits of a blackberry, but at the same time would like the 20 text messages generated by one of their conversations condensed into easy to read list. I see nothing wrong with asking for that.
    I, personally, can live with the way it is now... I wouldn't PAY for threaded texting, but if it was offered for free (3rd party or by RIM) I would certainly accept it.
    02-16-09 07:27 AM
    There has to be a way for some of these java programers to go into the script of the phone and rewrite it so that all txt messages go through BB messanger and MMS messages goes through normaly. i know we did something like that with windows mobile where we were able to do palm messaging
    02-16-09 07:37 AM
    What does SMS stand for?

02-16-09 09:00 AM
    SMS = Short Message Service

Threaded SMS is possible on the Storm, but only for incoming messages. There is no way (from what I'm told) to retrieve messages on the device once they're on it. I'm checking on what this involves now.
    02-16-09 10:05 AM
    If that's case why do u want LMS in a SMS app? Just can't grasp it. If u want to send a long message use email or mms. Seems simple enough to fix.

02-16-09 10:33 AM
    I am working on a threaded SMS app right now. Hopefully, I will have something to test in a day or two. I'll keep you posted.
    02-17-09 06:54 AM
    Yes, theoretically someone can just do that. Or there can be a person that enjoys the benefits of a blackberry, but at the same time would like the 20 text messages generated by one of their conversations condensed into easy to read list. I see nothing wrong with asking for that.
    I, personally, can live with the way it is now... I wouldn't PAY for threaded texting, but if it was offered for free (3rd party or by RIM) I would certainly accept it.

Would have to agree, idk if i'd pay either.
    02-17-09 07:38 AM
    Any new news?
    02-20-09 06:39 AM
    My older phonea would just tack on an extra text message if I went over the limit. I know just doing MMS would be easier, but when I hit the limit in SMS having to go through some copy-pasta can get annoying.

02-20-09 06:49 AM
    Something new???
    02-20-09 11:53 AM
    I am working on a threaded SMS app right now. Hopefully, I will have something to test in a day or two. I'll keep you posted.
    Can we get a status update on this project HannahsDaddy?
    02-20-09 12:06 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD