Like me you will find you will have to reinstall your mail. In my case I had to actually delete my gmail account and add the filter.

When I added the filter I did it incorrectly and got no mail, however with the help of Google and this forum I found this clear and concise way to install the filter again.

Hope it's helpful to someone. Posting in this thread as I have the 9530 and there have been several leaks.
    02-15-09 07:11 AM
    thanks for the info!
    02-15-09 11:14 AM
    Yeah Thank You.
    02-15-09 11:16 AM
    I always set the filter up right on the phone itself

Setup > Email Setup > Highlight the account > BB Button > Filters > Add Filter > Filter on From Address > Put your email address in the contains box > Add > Save
    02-15-09 08:38 PM
    Hmmm, I have never read any GMail How-To. I had set my account up on my Curve 8330 & just did a Device switch using DM then entered my new Storm PIN & resent my Service Books. I'll go read the link above because I've never used filters (I have 7 e-mail accounts on my Storm, only 1 is a GMail account). I'm guessing these filters are like your basic "rules" in most e-mail apps???

A bit confused.

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 09:02 PM
    Ah, I see. I only use it to receive. Good read! Ty.

~X

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 09:07 PM
    good stuff.... i was not receiving email for three days and didnt know why. appreciate it.
    02-15-09 09:18 PM
    why do you filter your gmail instead of letting it come in to the general "inbox"?
    02-15-09 09:23 PM
    Like me you will find you will have to reinstall your mail. In my case I had to actually delete my gmail account and add the filter.

When I added the filter I did it incorrectly and got no mail, however with the help of Google and this forum I found this clear and concise way to install the filter again.

Hope it's helpful to someone. Posting in this thread as I have the 9530 and there have been several leaks.
    Umm... I set up the filter when I first got my Storm (Nov. 21) and have not had to mess with the filters since. I believe that is what a backup is for... You can also resend your service books and your email will pop up... And yes I am using a leak...
    02-16-09 01:30 AM
    why do you filter your gmail instead of letting it come in to the general "inbox"?
    I and many other users use a filter because GMail treats every email weather it is TO you or FROM you as a conversation. So if you use your phone to send an email with your @gmail.com email address it will also be sent to you, as a new email. To stop this from happening I and many others set a filter that says that if an email comes in and it is from [email protected] (x being your email address) to not receive it.
    02-16-09 01:35 AM
    Will I have the same problem with the gmail app or just my adding the email account to my storm?
    02-16-09 07:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD