I have a blackberry 8330 and every time I download a a Video from email and play it on the 8330 about 10 or 15 sec into the video I get an error.

So I have to ask what the best Video player for the 8330?

Or is there an Update that I can downloan

Thanks
    Mike
    02-14-09 08:46 PM
    What error message do you get, or does it freeze?
    02-14-09 08:49 PM
    My girlfriend has the 8330 and she is experiencing an error while attempting to run a .3GP video that I loaded to her card. On my 8310 it plays fine. When I connect her 8330 to her notebook computer I can play the file from her phone through the computer's media player just fine, so the file is not corrupt.

She has 4.5 on Sprint and when the video finishes loading it has a red box in the upper RT corner "Error Playing." with a popup that states "An error has occurred attempting to play media."

Anyone have a suggestion?
    02-14-09 08:53 PM
    Here is the error does not tell you much as you can see.
    The Video starts to play then I get the error

An Error has occurred attempting to play media
    02-14-09 08:55 PM
    M

She has 4.5 on Sprint and when the video finishes loading it has a red box in the upper RT corner "Error Playing." with a popup that states "An error has occurred attempting to play media."

Anyone have a suggestion?

I'm in the same boat as you, thats the same error I keep getting after a couple of sec of play
    02-14-09 09:05 PM
    ...An Error has occurred attempting to play media
    I get the same thing after about 15 seconds of video play. Tried re-booting, tried battery pulls but it still does the same thing.

Is there another media player available, whether freeware or payware?
    03-09-09 02:39 PM
    I have the same problem (An error has occured when attempting to play media) on my 8330 (verizon).

I've had success in the past by trying to replay the same (mp4) file (numerous times) after getting the error and sometimes it will play and sometimes it won't, so i don't think it's the file format causing the problem.

After updating to the 4.5 OS it seems to have gotten worse and that trick of trying to replay doesn't work anymore.

I've tried using several different file converters to create the mp4 files (including Roxio that's part of Media Manager/BlackBerry desktop Manager) and several different settings.

I have a 4gb media card installed and it has plenty of space on it. Could it be that the phone memory is too low and needs more to play the files on the media card? Any idea how to check the available phone memory?
    06-08-09 09:34 AM
    Blackberry media player is termpermental.
    I hate it.
    I've had videos that play fine one day and will not work again to save my life. It just depends on the weather, the time of day, and the mood the player is actually in that day.
    06-08-09 09:47 AM
    8330 curve. Installed SanDisk 8GB micro SDHC card. Media player only reads music files A-H and cannot read further, won't play any of them. When I push the media icon, it says it is scanning but never and I mean never finishes. You cannot search for a file past H and get a result. You cannot create a playlist, it says playlist created but it is never there. If I go to media player, hit menu, then explore and browse (like windows explorer) I see all files on the card and can click and play any file (all files are mp3's or WMA unprotected). I moved all the files off the card and let Roxio for BB tweak and install files on the card and created playlists. Same problem. I really thought that would have fixed it. Using version 4.5, it is a brand new phone. Sprint help desk too baffled to be of any use, suggested a new phone...Love the BB, maybe I should get new one or switch to a regular SD card. Shouldn't have to!!
    06-12-09 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD