So I've been running 103 for two days now. I noticed that my battery life (which was excellent before at about 2 - 2.5 days under heavy use of e-mail/texting but no multimedia) seems to have gone through the roof. Since my update, I've only lost 30% of my charge on the stock battery after nearly 48 hours. I've had about two hours of phone conversation in the past two days and have sent/received about 100 texts/emails. Was wondering if anyone else was getting similar results.s
    02-14-09 10:37 AM
    I'm definitely not.

I'll be taking it off a 10 hour charge in a few minutes. Hopefully I get the improved battery most others have with .103
    02-14-09 10:55 AM
    I have had great battery life with .103 for the most part, this was my first OS upgrade from .75

BUT....last night I got in around 1:30am and had about 30% or so left when I threw it on the charger and at 9:30 this morn I get a text so I pulled it off the charger (didnt look to see where I was for battery life) exchanged about 10 text messages and made a 4 and 1/2 min phone call and looked at the battery life and it was at 50%
    Not sure if it wasnt fully charged or what but I threw it back on the charger
    02-14-09 11:08 AM
    My battery when running .103 would need to be charged twice a day... I dont know if this is a common thing or not, but I went back to .75
    02-14-09 11:37 AM
    I'm with you OP. My batt life has been nothing but great.
    02-14-09 11:44 AM
    I agree as well, battery life excellent here too.
    02-14-09 11:51 AM
    I noticed no change from .99. With heavy use i have about 30% left at the 12 hour mark . I did notice a marked improvement with both .99 and .103 over .75. Its just odd how so many people have so many different results with the upgrades. I just wonder if the charging method has any thing to do with it . IE charging with sync cable(slowest) , wall charger, or car charger(fastest). Does any body know witch method is the best for battery life?

brandon
    02-14-09 12:03 PM
    If I am not mistaken, i believe its more efficient to use a wall charger...and as for my battery life, i'm @ 80 % and i've had it off the charger since 8:30 this morning...I think that's pretty good since i've been browsing, bbming, emailing and texting like mad...:-)
    02-14-09 12:12 PM
    If I am not mistaken, i believe its more efficient to use a wall charger...and as for my battery life, i'm @ 80 % and i've had it off the charger since 8:30 this morning...I think that's pretty good since i've been browsing, bbming, emailing and texting like mad...:-)
    Its more efficient but is it better for battery life? I have no idea about the type of battery's these phones use but some battery's respond better to slow charge, some like a fast charge , and some respond better if the better is almost fully drained instead of being topped off .
    02-14-09 12:20 PM
    ok.... on 103 I had a half charge set my alarm and went to bed *late* 5 hours later my alarm went off for 2min and then the phone died.. thats just terrible cuz i even powered it off in that crappy suspended sleep VZW screen thing.
    02-14-09 12:36 PM
    Its more efficient but is it better for battery life? I have no idea about the type of battery's these phones use but some battery's respond better to slow charge, some like a fast charge , and some respond better if the better is almost fully drained instead of being topped off .
    Hmmm good point...I mean every rechargeable handheld device i've had
    (phones included) they've always lasted longest when I plugged them into the wall. Soooo I wanna say yes.
    02-14-09 01:17 PM
    My battery life with 103 is horrible horrible horrible. It went from lasting 1 1/2 days to now it has drained 40% in 3 hours.

So no, I am not experiencing good battery at all.
    02-14-09 01:33 PM
    My first charge was pretty bad...I only got about 8 hours of use...but since then it has been about the same as .99. I get just over 24 hours now...which is ok with me.
    02-14-09 05:14 PM
    Guys there's another thread discussing this same problem. It comes down to upgrading and restoring some 3rd part apps. Delete any that use the internet and reboot. That should fix the problem. After that redownload those appt you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 05:29 PM
    I'm having the same fantastic battery life. My first battery charge was worse than .99. It only lasted about a day and a half. I was getting close to 3 days on .99. But now I'm actually doing better than that now. I'm averaging about 10% life usage every 12-14 hours with moderate to heavy phone and texting and email. No MP3 but I do watch movies. I watched half of Dark Knight throughout the day and am still at 90% life since I unplugged it from the charger at 6 AM this morning til Right now.
    02-14-09 06:51 PM
    battery life has gonee down (N)
    02-14-09 06:55 PM
    I keep seeing mention of battery life in the 24 hour + range, is this normal? I have downloaded every leak - except .103, currently on .99 - charge my phone over night, up for work about 6am, "moderate" usage throughout day (40 or so emails, maybe 30-45 mins browser, 30 mins talk time, quite a bit of bb messenger, limited media) and my phone is down to 20% or less by 5pm or so. Almost always dead by evening. Does this sound like a battery replacement is needed? Everyone typically having better results with .103 it sounds? Thanks.
    02-14-09 06:58 PM
    Awesome here! Running at 18 hours right now! 47 text (sms) sent, 14 MMS sent, 9 emails sent out and 6 received, 15 calls about 2 minutes a piece with one at 9 minutes, was on crackberry, myspace, and face book for about 10 minutes each, took 6 picks, and sifting through some pics for the familia....And I Still Have 3 Bars!! (OK... 2 and 3/4... close enough though...)

This is the first time I went over an old OS without a wipe. I got my replacement about a week ago and just decided to stick with the .75 until I saw more feedback on the .103 before installing it. On my three prior Storms I always wiped it out for each of the OS leaks up to the .99 OS. Dunno if not wiping the Storm out was the benefit or if I just got a good replacement. My new Storm's build date is Jan. 21st 2009. and is the PRD-19502-002. was the most Perfect one I got yet. Clicked perfect out of the box and the rep let me keep all of the accessories so I have two of each now. But back to the subject... I can't believe my phone has done this good for a bit over 18 hours now. I installed the .103 three days ago and have had seen a difference on how it kicked the .75 OS's ***! Also I've only done one Battery Pull and it was right after the upgrade to the .103....
    Last edited by mkivsuprapower; 02-15-09 at 12:43 AM.
    02-15-09 12:33 AM
    And the verdict is: my battery lasts longer than it did on .75 and I'm ok with that. About 15ish hours and i was at 30%. Uh-mazing for the beating it took information wise today. go .103.

P.S. I did notice a few glitches though but i'm assuming it's because it's a beta. (i.e. keyboard disappearing during rotation and the sound cut off delay thing.)
    But honestly, since it's a beta and not a full release I deem this ok and besides that my app mem never dipped below 30 while in use. :-) Happy camper here.
    02-15-09 12:58 AM
    I have downloaded every leaked release from the very beginning and never had any battery problems. That is until now. For some reason .103 is draining my battery like crazy. I am still going to keep it in the phone but keep my charger with me at all times !
    02-15-09 05:05 AM
    I have downloaded every leaked release from the very beginning and never had any battery problems. That is until now. For some reason .103 is draining my battery like crazy. I am still going to keep it in the phone but keep my charger with me at all times !
    This is crazy. (Not your post). When I first heard all this noise about the battery I thought "How can an OS system cause a battery to go down?"

If anything I can safely say that my battery life seems to have been extended.

Perhaps it has to do with the type of programs you have running in the background?
    02-15-09 07:16 AM
    I tried the earlier suggested fix to un-install all internet-touching applications and re-install them OTA from the vendors' websites. Didn't work. Battery still draining at an alarming rate.
    02-15-09 11:44 AM
    I have gotten a new battery from ATT and it seems a bit better. At this point it seems like the batt drain is coming from being in weak area where the 3G signal is weak and anything on the internet period.

My question is that when I upgraded they just popped in my 64K sim card in and off I went. I am wondering if my batt will improve if I get them to give me a 3G sim card.

Also the standby / mute button on top of the phone when not in use (does the same thing the magnet in the holster does) helps out a lot.

Does anyone know if the 3G searches for the network all the while the phone is in standby / mute / holster mode ???
    02-15-09 12:09 PM
    yes ever since i upgraded to 103 my battery life is crap!! drains out by midday... just gotta rememebr to bring the charger with me when i goto work...
    02-15-09 12:12 PM
    There are a few threads out there regarding this, wish the mods would merge them.

I found it was really any app that updates automatically from the internet. I removed weatherbug and its been fine since. And yes these were not running and still draining the battery.

There was another thread about it but two things worked for other people

1 - Make sure your logged out of things like facebook, that way it cant update
    2 - set any GPS connected app to not search for location automatically

Also it was said by a few people something about restoring the apps from the backup was to blame and they removed the apps, installed .103 and then reloaded apps via the OTA link. After that it worked great.

Me..I didn't use weaterbug much anyway so Im going to wait until the next leak to re install.

Hope this helps.
    02-15-09 12:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD