This is what I was told by bb support. I received my phone yesterday in the mail. I paid the express shipping, so I could get it before the weekend. I get my new beautiful phone, and lo and behold there is a issue. App error 523, when I load up the sim card. I take the sim out and no error. Within ten seconds of me putting it back in abd booting up I get a error.

So I called T-mobile and six hours later of run arounds and app loading different OS. They told me that my problem is one in a million and my number became curupted by the 8900. They had me go to the store and get a different sim and after 4 brand new sims my sim is still faulty. I tried to put mine in my wife's Blackberry 8320 and the same thing.

So after all this they are sending me another phone with a BRAND NEW sim.
    I know guys sounds fishy, I thought so to, since im a IT guy and the issue seem to be with their network, because I put my wife's sim in the 8900 and worked flawlessly. THe best part about this is I get the phone for the full discount, So I guess the six hours of complaining paid off.
    02-14-09 09:59 AM
    wow, thats pretty crazy. atleast everything got worked out and you are getting a great deal!
    02-14-09 10:09 AM
    I had the same error happen to me 4 times right after I got the phone but after I finally got the BB service fully activated and updated to my hybrid 4.6.1.133 (.114 radio) I have had NO problems whatsoever! Hopefully it stays that way! (I didn't realize that specific error was related to the SIM card but now I do!)
    02-14-09 10:14 AM
    Now I have to wait till the new phone comes, it's a bummer but your right I got a good deal, and I am happy with that .
    02-14-09 10:29 AM
    lucky you!!! I just got my 8900 yesterday and the u button sticks, it takes alot of effort to push it down, anway to make a long story short i called t-mobile this morning and they also are sending me a new phone with a full discount also i love t-mobile
    02-14-09 10:41 AM
    Glad to hear it worked out for you in the end.
    02-14-09 10:52 AM
    i guess make that 2 in a million because my gf is also getting the same error when she puts in her sim card. If i put mine in, it'll work flawlessly... I haven't tried reloading the OS yet, but i will and see if the problem still occurs...
    02-14-09 01:00 PM
    This is what I was told by bb support. I received my phone yesterday in the mail. I paid the express shipping, so I could get it before the weekend. I get my new beautiful phone, and lo and behold there is a issue. App error 523, when I load up the sim card. I take the sim out and no error. Within ten seconds of me putting it back in abd booting up I get a error.

So I called T-mobile and six hours later of run arounds and app loading different OS. They told me that my problem is one in a million and my number became curupted by the 8900. They had me go to the store and get a different sim and after 4 brand new sims my sim is still faulty. I tried to put mine in my wife's Blackberry 8320 and the same thing.

So after all this they are sending me another phone with a BRAND NEW sim.
    I know guys sounds fishy, I thought so to, since im a IT guy and the issue seem to be with their network, because I put my wife's sim in the 8900 and worked flawlessly. THe best part about this is I get the phone for the full discount, So I guess the six hours of complaining paid off.
    this case is very fascinating indeed!
    02-14-09 02:00 PM
    actually before returning to the world of blackberry my iphone sim did that to my blackberry. you cant switch them apparently. some phones seemingly put info on the sim card and when you pop it in it plays amuck with the new phone. so its just better to use a new sim everytime.
    02-14-09 02:29 PM
    lucky you!!! I just got my 8900 yesterday and the u button sticks, it takes alot of effort to push it down, anway to make a long story short i called t-mobile this morning and they also are sending me a new phone with a full discount also i love t-mobile
    Confused but don't they always send a new phone with the discount due to a faulty handset upgrade issue?
    02-14-09 03:09 PM
    Confused but don't they always send a new phone with the discount due to a faulty handset upgrade issue?
    not when your me and upgrade in the middle of a contract i paid a pretty penny for it and instead of exchanging it for me (the guy told me they would send a refurbished phone if i did that) he did an all new phone with the discount and the $100 rebate and im getting my money back from the original payment (the t-mobile guy was super awesome and made my valentines day!!! )
    02-14-09 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD