Ok well recently got my curve everything is perfect...but one thing. The bottom right corner of my screen goes down a little bit when pressed. Also makes a slight click noise. Now with me having this "needs to be perfect" paranoia when it comes to my gadgets. You would think I would return it, but no. Ill keep it. It's not like it's a touch screen so it wont pressed their alot. But yeah just wanted you guys to know my curves flaw.

Oh yeah my other friends have the new BB Curve aswell. One of them has the same issue as mine and the other doesn't.
    02-14-09 08:48 AM
    Why are you presses the screen ever?
    02-14-09 10:15 AM
    Just checked mine, im all good.
    02-14-09 10:18 AM
    I actually also have this problem and it kills me so I will be returning it.... I hate it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 10:51 AM
    I agree, don't press on your screen unless you want to break your phone.
    02-14-09 11:04 AM
    Yea let's put pressure on the weakest point of the screen.
    02-14-09 12:25 PM
    Im good also but lets refer back to a very wise Doctor

Man say hey Doc when I push on my index finder with a pen it hurts. Doc says then dont push on it.... problem fixed
    02-14-09 12:42 PM
    hey man i had SAME problem...so i returned it..and got a replacement and same problem so dont worry.
    02-14-09 12:44 PM
    I also have that problem. Now that it's out in stores can I simply walk into a tmobile store and exchange it or do I have to send it in. I can't live a day without my blackberry.

02-14-09 01:39 PM
    It's not the problem of randomly pressing the screen. But this is what leads to that pressing the end button causing ripple effect on screen. The screen on his phone is loose, and should be returned for a replacement. Even if your end button doesn't cause it to ripple, when the phone is in your pocket, you may be pressing on it, and one day your screen will go blank
    02-14-09 01:43 PM
    I also have that problem. Now that it's out in stores can I simply walk into a tmobile store and exchange it or do I have to send it in. I can't live a day without my blackberry.

If you called, you have to call.....if you walked in to a store, you should go back to that store
    02-14-09 01:44 PM
    are you sure you dont have a storm ?? maybe you should double check ??
    02-14-09 02:20 PM
    Yeah...I don't know why you would press on the screen...

02-14-09 02:35 PM
    I do not know why anyone would worry about this. If you press on any LCD screen such a laptop you will get same effect. Just nature of the technology and nothing to do with the screen being loose. Just my view.
    Doc
    02-14-09 02:39 PM
    No my screen does this too - the bottom right ripples when you press the red button. Doesn't happen on the other side with the green call button. Should I call rogers for an exchange?
    02-14-09 05:23 PM
    AndyR is correct. Its not the same as jus pressing on the screen. Its a deffect. Mine does this too. Pressing the end key causes the ripple effect only in that spot. Its an undesired and unintended effect. Its a defect. You smart alecs saying why press it when u shouldn't be r silly. Cuz what the first poster is saying is indeed a glitch with the lcd screen. Why would it nOT be a defect? Why does it only Happen on some phones and not on others? And why only on the end key? I am returning mine for this very reason.

02-14-09 08:19 PM
    This isn't a Storm! No screen pressing!
    02-14-09 08:39 PM
    The "screen is not really a screen but really a piece of plastic over an lcd. Therefore all you freaks spazzing out over touching the screen and possibly breaking it are well out of line. Thew screen takes a good deal of pressure in the oem holster and needs to stand up to pressure. The screen should not move and is not like an lcd or laptop in the effect that those don't have a piece of solid plastic like the curve protecting the true lcd. Replace in order to keep the optimal protection for your screen!!!

02-14-09 08:54 PM
    The "screen is not really a screen but really a piece of plastic over an lcd. Therefore all you freaks spazzing out over touching the screen and possibly breaking it are well out of line. Thew screen takes a good deal of pressure in the oem holster and needs to stand up to pressure. The screen should not move and is not like an lcd or laptop in the effect that those don't have a piece of solid plastic like the curve protecting the true lcd. Replace in order to keep the optimal protection for your screen!!!

Well no need to call people names. In fact you are very much incorrect. The 8900 DOES NOT have an additional piece of plastic covering the screen like the 83xx series does. What you see is the actual screen and it is similar to a laptop. I think you owe a few people here some apologies.
    02-14-09 09:36 PM
    Yeah it is a real LCD. I believe RIM did this to enhance the overal appearance of the display. Having plastic over the LCD will take away from some of the luster of the colors and overall presentation of the LCD.

Either way, people are misinterpreting what we are saying. We aren't touching THE SCREEN for no reason...

In my case, I touch the END KEY and ONLY the end key, AND THEN (AFTER I TOUCH THE END KEY, please read) I get a very noticeable pixel ripple effect AS IF I HAD TOUCHED THE LCD WITH MY FINGER RELATIVELY hard, BUT I DIDN'T at ALL, I touched the end key. That's the difference. I am getting the ripple effect WITHOUT actually touching the LCD AT ALL.. but from touching the END key. Apparently, the only reason to explain this, is that the LCD is making contact underneath the end key a little and is transmitting to it as if it were touched.

Someone please tell me they UNDERSTAND this and don't say, "don't touch the screen!" Like we don't know to not do that already.
    02-14-09 10:24 PM
    Lol, thank you for clarifying this issue. I was getting annoyed by some people continuously saying "don't touch the screen!!". I actually had the same problem with my 8900 which I bought today. When I pressed the red, "hang up" button (not the screen), I would get the ripple effect just in the lower right hand corner of the screen. I had it replaced right away only to find out that the 2nd one I got also did the same thing. I thought this must be normal and left the store. I don't think they had another one in stock anyways.

Now that I am reading this thread, I think I might just go to a different store and get a different one what do you guys think?

Is this a defect?

Yeah it is a real LCD. I believe RIM did this to enhance the overal appearance of the display. Having plastic over the LCD will take away from some of the luster of the colors and overall presentation of the LCD.

Either way, people are misinterpreting what we are saying. We aren't touching THE SCREEN for no reason...

In my case, I touch the END KEY and ONLY the end key, AND THEN (AFTER I TOUCH THE END KEY, please read) I get a very noticeable pixel ripple effect AS IF I HAD TOUCHED THE LCD WITH MY FINGER RELATIVELY hard, BUT I DIDN'T at ALL, I touched the end key. That's the difference. I am getting the ripple effect WITHOUT actually touching the LCD AT ALL.. but from touching the END key. Apparently, the only reason to explain this, is that the LCD is making contact underneath the end key a little and is transmitting to it as if it were touched.

Someone please tell me they UNDERSTAND this and don't say, "don't touch the screen!" Like we don't know to not do that already.
    02-15-09 03:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD