i got this from blackberry today

4.7 Plazmic CDK

Date: 02-13-2009 03:54 PM

Hello,

Please note that it is against the Plazmic CDK license agreement to publicly distribute themes created in beta releases of the Plazmic CDK. Please remove the theme from public view.

Thank you,

Mark Sohm
    02-13-09 07:59 PM
    if its true, then alot of us are screwed haha

GET EM WHILE YOU CAN!
    02-13-09 08:00 PM
    I think it will be difficult for them to deal with, due to the simple fact that a whole plethora of sites now have the themes posted on them!

I can see not allowing people to profit from the themes they create with the beta though...
    02-13-09 08:08 PM
    wow...

Hopefully they will release a final version in the next few weeks.
    02-13-09 09:04 PM
    well, i just posted a theme, then i saw this OOPS....no more for me until the final comes out!! grrrrrr
    02-13-09 09:19 PM
    ... what about the people that are actaully selling, themes on a beta leak..
    02-13-09 09:26 PM
    This is a bummer!
    02-13-09 10:09 PM
    bummer, get em while u can guys!
    02-13-09 10:10 PM
    i got this from blackberry today

4.7 Plazmic CDK

Date: 02-13-2009 03:54 PM

Hello,

Please note that it is against the Plazmic CDK license agreement to publicly distribute themes created in beta releases of the Plazmic CDK. Please remove the theme from public view.

Thank you,

Mark Sohm
    Oke fine. Pay a couple of bucks for a bit of webspace and traffic on a domain, don't put anything on the server but only an image of names of themes. These should be added to the domain in the address bar (SmartSearch.com) and put just T= SmartSearch.com in your sig. Then its out of public view. Keep that mail, this one supercedes the general terms and conditions since its been sent to you as an addendum. So what they are saying is: you can distribute only not in public view.

As I said in Synergies thread mr sillyballs has ffed us over for a very long time and he still isn't done yet although the jar of vaseline is almost empty... Zpazmik is RIM.... RIM is Storm... Storm was as good as dead. Get two for one..... pffft... as if it was a sandwich. Thats a sign a product is dying and needs to get pushed onto the market for it to be profitable so people buy other stuff for it and get to pay for repairs etc etc etc etc. Especially since there is a very big R&D price tag on this product for RIM. It is not something a carrier does on its own, the discounts on the phones are just not big enough for them.

This release and the themes that come with it are a reason for people to look at the storm again, also thanks to the .106 release.

I can only say to RIM: let us have a couple of months of fun with this ok? That is the least you can do after taking us for four months already with no end in sight.
    Last edited by TheMisses; 02-17-09 at 03:22 AM.
    02-17-09 03:14 AM
    The beta release is full of bugs. Some, not all, themes created with this release are crashing phones.

RIM are tryng to preserve their reputation by saying what the did. If a phone crashes for whatever reason most users will just blame the phone - right?
    02-17-09 03:21 AM
    Most likely not the ones that are on crackberry. They know the risks and take them willingly.

And thanks to sites like this and its users, and functionality and options added, the storm still has a life to live and I think that that is something that RIM has to remember very very well...
    02-17-09 03:37 AM
    Bottom line is you, the customer, should not be getting robbed by people who are building something that is not a final. Beta is for testing and feedback purposes. So a theme built with beta software is also a beta theme! No one should have to pay money for something that may, more than likely, be buggy or cause problems with there device. Now that I have finished my rave, I want to announce my new company �Galaxy Designs�. We are now in the process of developing two new themes and a couple applications unlike anything any mobile device has seen. No iphone app clones and our themes will be fully user interactive. So look out in the near future. The sky is not our limit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 07:26 AM
    See what I truly don't understand is why they really mind if we are distributing themes for FREE. This is tons of feedback that they can use to make sure the final release of Plazmic is at it's best. Therefore, I don't see an issue releasing themes for free. But as for selling themes with a beta product, THOSE should be removed entirely.
    02-17-09 07:46 AM
    Storm was as good as dead. Get two for one..... pffft... as if it was a sandwich. Thats a sign a product is dying and needs to get pushed onto the market for it to be profitable so people buy other stuff for it and get to pay for repairs etc etc etc etc. Especially since there is a very big R&D price tag on this product for RIM. It is not something a carrier does on its own, the discounts on the phones are just not big enough for them.
    /chuckles

I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume you don't have a marketing degree, right? Also, you forgot.. it wasn't just Storms that were 2 for 1. It was any Blackberry.

A second Blackberry equates to a second line and another 2 year contract with BIS or BES subscription. Do the math.. its not about the device(s).

Absolutely brilliant in my opinion.. 5 people I know added 4th and 5th lines to their account just to take advantage of the offer. And, I don't know that many people.
    02-17-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD