Hi there...

I'm currently an iPhone user, but I'm thinking of moving to a Blackberry BOLD.

I'm just kinda fed up with the limitations of the iPhone. Now when I say limitations, I mean basic phone functions that all phones do now. Like MMS, COPY & PASTE, forwarding of TEXT, TRUE GPS, and running applications in the background.

I'm seriously considering trying one out until the new iphone drops or the palm pre drops. I just wanna do regular stuff with my phone.

I am a MAC user and I understand that there maybe some syncing issues involved.

Any input, thoughts, or help...ADVICE is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

TK
    02-13-09 03:25 PM
    Try it. If you don't like it, return it.

Simple, direct, to the point.

And look here, there's someone facing your same dilemma...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/man-...d-time-159112/
    Last edited by S7ar Scr3am; 02-13-09 at 03:35 PM.
    02-13-09 03:31 PM
    Hi there...

I'm currently an iPhone user, but I'm thinking of moving to a Blackberry BOLD.

I'm just kinda fed up with the limitations of the iPhone. Now when I say limitations, I mean basic phone functions that all phones do now. Like MMS, COPY & PASTE, forwarding of TEXT, TRUE GPS, and running applications in the background.

I'm seriously considering trying one out until the new iphone drops or the palm pre drops. I just wanna do regular stuff with my phone.

I am a MAC user and I understand that there maybe some syncing issues involved.

Any input, thoughts, or help...ADVICE is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

TK
    try it out, and you too will join the Bold nation!
    02-13-09 05:33 PM
    Yeah every where i have read says that i will like them...

and i wanna try it out....i really think i will like it.

Heres the next question..

Whats the cheapest way for me to get one...

Anyone know of any websites or retailers...?

TK
    02-14-09 05:23 PM
    The iPhone has a true GPS. As a matter of fact, it uses the same general type of A-GPS that the Bold uses. The iPhone's problem is that Apple won't allow the creation or use of a turn-by-turn app, which has nothing to do with the GPS functionality itself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-14-09 05:35 PM
    If you get one, make sure you have the latest device software (I'm on .234), else you may not be happy with Batter life. Other than that, you won't have the APP selection or browser you enjoy on the iphone. As others say, it really depends on your needs and what you are use to. You may hate the Bold, or love it like other bold users. You will never know until you give it a try!
    02-14-09 06:22 PM
    I too outgrew my iphone and got suck of all it's limitations. Went to a Bold and never looked back. I'm MORE than happy!
    02-14-09 06:26 PM
    I gave my iphone 3g to my wife and got a Bold. I have yet to look back. I am much happier with my BB than I ever was with the iphone.
    02-14-09 06:30 PM
    i sold my iPhone 3G and im a hardcore mac addict, but when it comes down to it, it's if you want your phone for multimedia purposes or business. I feel that the BlackBerry is more suited for business with push email for all email where as the iPhone 3G only pushes for .mac/MobileMe email, and BBM is very convenient way of contact with coworkers/family members/friends. Multimedia on the Bold is not bad as well at least it has a camera with flash and a video and voice recorder built in. But when it comes down to it, it's your preference. Good luck!
    02-14-09 07:21 PM
    Get the Bold, it's a great device

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-09 04:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD