Hi all!

I'm a BB and Stom NEWB. I've had my Stom for a week and have been downloading cool apps but the one app I can't find for the Storm is a grocery shopping list.

I did a search on this forum and didn't find any results.

Do you all have advice or links to other areas?
    02-13-09 02:59 PM
    check out: MaraTick
    02-13-09 02:59 PM
    I downloaded MaraTick but it doesn't seem to work with the Storm.

It won't view in landscape mode, I can't edit the quantity of items or the grocery section.
    02-13-09 03:47 PM
    that's too bad, it's a great app. sorry.

hopefully someone with a storm will know of one that works on it.
    02-13-09 03:50 PM
    What I would like to see for this app is the
    1) first screen input of making the list.
    2) second screen input is while shopping when checkmarking the item, it asks for # of items and price of single item
    3) a constant running total on all screens
    4) the ability to add new item and # and price while shopping

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 04:21 PM
    Try shopmagic

02-13-09 04:30 PM
    I would love an app like this, too!

02-13-09 05:21 PM
    I downloaded MaraTick but it doesn't seem to work with the Storm.

It won't view in landscape mode, I can't edit the quantity of items or the grocery section.
    Have you tried enabling compatibility mode?
    02-13-09 05:49 PM
    What I've done, and it's kinda humbug if you've got tons of tasks, but you can create a category called "Shopping List", and then create individual task items, and place them in this category.

Then, when you go shopping, you can filter your tasks by category.

It does take a few extra clicks to do, but it works.
    02-13-09 06:33 PM
    What I would like to see for this app is the
    1) first screen input of making the list.
    2) second screen input is while shopping when checkmarking the item, it asks for # of items and price of single item
    3) a constant running total on all screens
    4) the ability to add new item and # and price while shopping

+1... I would love an app like this, with the features above and the following:

1. I think the totals should be optional because I wouldn't aways want it to type the price... Most of the time I would just want to check with one hand and get it with the other...
    2. I would like a "remove checked" feature where you could push a button when you were done shopping to remove only the items that you got... (assuming that you did't get it all of course) This way you could make the list through out the week and when you went to the grocery you could remove that stuff, then when you went to the drug store you could remove those items, etc...
    02-13-09 06:57 PM
    1. I think the totals should be optional because I wouldn't aways want it to type the price... Most of the time I would just want to check with one hand and get it with the other...

The reason I would always want the total is instead of having a paper list and using my BB Calc or swtiching between a list and Calc is I always shop with a Calc. Keeps me in budget and stops compulsive buys.
    02-13-09 07:19 PM
    I simply created a memo called "A Grocery List".
    I put the "a" in it so it shows up at the top of my list of memos and is easy to find.(I have about 60 memos on my Storm)

I make a list of what I need to buy throughout the week and then open up the memo when I get to the store.

Not fancy, but it doesn't require more software and works great for me.
    02-13-09 07:26 PM
    I agree this would be a very usefull app

02-13-09 09:14 PM
    Yes! This would be great.
    02-13-09 09:28 PM
    yeah i agree we need one .. APpetite is 9.99 not worth it just for a grocery list
    02-13-09 09:33 PM
    maratick works
    just went to
    http://www.mongoltoronto.com/bb/mt/MaraTick.asp from my storm and downloaded works in landscape and portrait current running os .103
    02-13-09 09:35 PM
    n got to disable comp. mode
    02-13-09 09:40 PM
    Thanks all for your comments and suggestions.

Mikey...I'm still extremely new to BB...how do I change it to compatibility mode?
    02-14-09 12:05 AM
    oh yah...I'm still running 4.7.0.75

I'm not comfortable with installing a beta os yet
    02-14-09 12:07 AM
    Options > Advanced > Applications then highlight Maratick and use menu button and select disable compatibility mode.

02-14-09 12:10 AM
    I tried it out and works good in landscape but best in portrait. It will do until I can find one that keeps a running total as well.

02-14-09 12:20 AM
    For grocery lists I've been using Cozi. Create an account on Cozi | Free Family Calendar, Shopping, Grocery and To Do Lists, Family Journal, Photo Collage Screensaver which is a site for family calendars and shopping lists. From there you can create your lists and send it in an SMS message. You can also login to their wap site to add, read, and cross off items on your phone. I prefer to add items online instead of typing everything into my phone.

I paid to have a launcher created for Cozi. You can get the launcher here - Blackberry Launchers

Go to that address on your BB and then scroll down and look for Cozi to install the launcher.

I haven't found the perfect solution yet. I tried Appetite on a trial which I did like, but the price is a bit high and the resources for recipe engines needs to be expanded. It would be much nicer if it had a web interface to add lists and recipes. Anything that requires a lot of editing, I much prefer to do online first.
    02-14-09 01:16 AM
    Thank you all so much. I was abe to get Maritime working in landscape. Thank goodness for the crackberry forums!

02-15-09 11:38 PM
    Toylvr thanks for the Cozy suggestion. I'll check it out to.

02-15-09 11:41 PM
    Shopmagic does not work on the Storm.
    02-21-09 04:17 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD