Hi guys, I'd be grateful if anyone could help me out on this one.

I have a BBM message notifier icon on my homescreen that simply won't go away (a little smiley face with a '1' next to it).

I've checked thoroughly, and I have no open conversations or unread messages. The last time I used BBM I did get a Java error notification (can't remember the full text of it I'm afraid, it only flashed on the screen briefly), and since then the icon has remained.

Whilst it isn't doing any harm, it is becoming an increasing annoyance. Does anyone have any idea of how to be rid of it?

Thanks for taking the time to read!
    02-13-09 02:40 PM
    Battery pull should solve your issue! With the phone on, remove your battery and reinsert it to restart your BB. See if this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 07:55 PM
    Do u have any requests pending?

02-13-09 08:15 PM
    The battery pull solved the problem - thanks for you help!
    02-14-09 06:23 AM
    Rule #1 of owing a BB, learn the battery pull! Works the majority of the time!

02-14-09 06:29 AM
    I have tried everything and nothing has worked for me. Battery Pull. Uninstall reinstall. Nothing has worked....
    01-08-10 04:40 PM
    I'm also having a problem of the icon that will not go away. My first reaction was to do a battery pull, no luck. After searching google and CB, the next best suggestion was to go in to the Firewall settings and reset message counts. Still no luck. I have no new messages or pending invites and I have also closed all previously open chats. Screenshot below. Any other suggestions? I guess I could uninstall and reinstall BBM, but I'd rather not.

Edit: The fix that I found was to remove BBM (after backing up contacts first!) and reinstalling. All is well now, but I'm sure there is an easier fix...

Last edited by miller7796; 02-04-10 at 08:16 AM.
    02-04-10 06:26 AM
    OMG I've posted this 400 times, don't people read previous threads? .57 has a multitude of documented bugs, one of which is the fact that sometimes new message notifications will stay forever. Battery pulls do not solve the problem.

You should not be running .57 if you don't want this "feature." You should revert to .33. There is another thread here with the link which I'm not going to bother to find.

Please stop contributing to the spread of bad information!
    02-05-10 09:48 PM
    I have same problem with .57.
    I figured out that this icon is an invitation from someone that I have deleted and I put in 'ignore future invitation list'.
    Invite this contact if you know whom and after this contact in your contact list the icon will automatically disappear.
    05-06-10 01:03 AM
    the phantom message indicator is sometimes removed by clearing the bbm database.
    Make sure you have backup your contacts first!
    Plug your bb into your PC.
    Open DM, go to backup and restore/advanced and clear the bbm database...
    restore your contacts.

No amount of battery pulls or uninstalls worked for me. This did.
    05-06-10 09:49 AM
    Jaydee5799 - You are a life saver. I have had 2 BBM notifications that just would not go away for the past 4 weeks. That little damn icon has driven me crazy. THANK YOU.

the phantom message indicator is sometimes removed by clearing the bbm database.
    restore your contacts.

05-16-10 01:32 PM
    So glad it worked for you!
    I am just returning the many favors other remarkable people have done for me here on crackberry.com!
    05-16-10 02:20 PM
    I have same problem with .57.
    I figured out that this icon is an invitation from someone that I have deleted and I put in 'ignore future invitation list'.
    Invite this contact if you know whom and after this contact in your contact list the icon will automatically disappear.
    This fixed the problem for me!
    Someone on my ignore list had been attempting to re-add me (didn't speak a word of English and wouldn't leave me alone).
    After removing him from ignore and declining his request again, the notification was gone!
    Thanks much!
    05-26-10 08:44 AM
    restore your contacts.

BBM & VVM are "core" applications that came with my BB9000. I don't need them, and i want to completely delete them. Please tell me how to do this
    05-28-10 06:16 PM
    I am SOOO thankful for forums like this Problem solved! Thanks!!
    07-03-10 11:40 PM
    This fixed the problem for me!
    Someone on my ignore list had been attempting to re-add me (didn't speak a word of English and wouldn't leave me alone).
    After removing him from ignore and declining his request again, the notification was gone!
    Thanks much!
    This solution worked for me. That bbm notification was driving me crazy. The people on this forum are so knowledgeable and helpful. Thanks Crackberry
    08-10-10 10:14 PM
    was driving me crazy....you rock

restore your contacts.

09-27-10 10:47 PM
    WOW, Solid!!! You have know idea how pleased I am at this moment...Thank You.
    12-29-10 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD