I see there have been quite a few discussions on color depth, and screen brightness as updates become available.

I thought I would do a true side by side caparison with a few storms.

Starting from Left to Right -

1. .75
    2. .99
    3. .103

As you can see, there is a decisive color variation.

02-13-09 08:57 AM
    Scientific method, my friend.

We need to see each Storm at the same settings on the same OS (prefereably .75) first, so that we have a baseline.

As it stands, this variation could be hardware based (there have been a lot of reports that replacement storms had a different color temperature, as I've seen with mine).
    02-13-09 09:03 AM
    Hmmm.. very interesting.... And i assume these are all at the same level of brightness?? What level are they set at?
    02-13-09 09:06 AM
    Well, without proper funding from crackberry labs -

Each phone is brand new.

Each phone's settings (Screen/keyboard) Have been set to the same font, brightness (100%, with autodim OFF, and a 90 second delay for screen dim in place.)

Also, note - these images were taken about 10 seconds prior to the end of the light cycle.
    02-13-09 09:07 AM
    You would have to take the picture using the exact same storm. Different storms have different LCD's. Warm, cool etc.
    02-13-09 09:30 AM
    You would have to take the picture using the exact same storm. Different storms have different LCD's. Warm, cool etc.
    I think the point is being missed.

I am shocked to see the variable in not only all 3 versions ( there were changes.)

But how much each handset can vary. Take it for what it's worth...
    02-13-09 09:33 AM
    Same tho... the color in the screen could also seem a bit different due to the angle the photo was taken. I'm thinking give an example of the gradients either in the menus or when locked sideways.
    02-13-09 10:25 AM
    The Storm on the right's hard buttons are not backlit, which means the sensors on all of them are not picking up the same ambient light. Your test is mostly full of fail.
    02-13-09 11:02 AM
    Well, do your own.
    02-13-09 11:06 AM
    Thanks for posting the photos.

I think you have to blow them up next. You can't do any kind of scientific comparison unless you blow something up
    02-13-09 11:07 AM
    Good idea...

But not without a good screen protector
    02-13-09 11:30 AM
    Props for posting the pics. Interesting even if not pure "science".
    02-13-09 11:43 AM
    Everyone is pretty quick to rip this apart, at least he took the time to do a comparison. Send a link to the ones you've all done and then cut someone else up for trying to be helpful.
    02-13-09 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD