This morning when I wake up I find that my Sprint Navigation icon has disappeared...I switched themes, checked all folders, unhid my icons...nothing...anyone have any ideas?
    02-13-09 07:50 AM
    Is it listed under options> Advanced > Applications ?

If so it is installed but the Icon is missing. If it is not there then you may have to install it again.

Goto DM and select Application Loader and when it loads, check the Sprint Navigation box. If it is already checked, then you may have to re-download it.

No problem as there is a recent version upgrade out there - 2.1
    Get it here. Http://navigation.sprint.com

Good Luck!
    02-13-09 08:18 AM
    The same thing happened to me today. sprint nav icon just mysteriously disappeared. it is still installed b/c it's listed under the application list. how do i reinstall the icon? what's DM? is that to reinstall the entire application or just the icon?

Thanks!
    03-14-09 08:17 PM
    Text "nav" to 777468.
    You'll get a link to download ota.

I was having a similar issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-09 10:24 PM
    thanks for the advice. btw what's ota? still new to the blackberry world...
    03-14-09 11:22 PM
    Over the Air, downloads you can load without hooking device to your computer.

03-14-09 11:44 PM
    my icon for sprint navigation just disappeared. i sent a text to the number above and it sent a link to my phone to re-download nav. it worked for me. thanks!
    03-19-09 11:15 AM
    Newby here,
    I upgraded to OS 4.5 and lost my Sprint Navigation Icon. The app was still shown in the apps list but no icon. I tried texting for the OTA download and the screen said my device was not compatible.

The fix: I went into DM to app loader and unchecked Sprint Navigation to remove it and clicked next. I let the process finish and my device reset on its own. Lo and behold the Icon came back?!? I clicked on it and started a new download. All is well, but all is for not. I'm getting a new phone under warranty on Monday because my Bluetooth technology is not working (stays disabled). I'll go through the whole thing again next week.
    Last edited by erngum; 03-21-09 at 10:50 PM. Reason: typo
    03-21-09 10:49 PM
    The same thing happened to me today. sprint nav icon just mysteriously disappeared. it is still installed b/c it's listed under the application list. how do i reinstall the icon? what's DM? is that to reinstall the entire application or just the icon?

Thanks!
    Take out the battery, then put it back. I just did that, and Presto!
    03-25-09 10:20 PM
    I noticed my Sprint nav icon was missing today, also. I went to options> apps and it was there. I opened DM (it was there) uninstalled it, then reinstalled it and now the icon is back.
    Very weird
    03-25-09 10:35 PM
    Maybe that was their way of forcing people to do the sprint nav upgrade?

03-26-09 12:49 AM
    Dude...thanks a million. I had the same issue and this method worked for me. It automatically popped back up.
    09-25-09 06:48 PM
    Thanks man...this same thing happened to my girl. i think i must have something to do with the curves because i see that most of the people here have 8330s
    09-29-09 06:17 PM
    What does DM stand for?
    11-09-09 03:58 PM
    Blackberry desktop manager
    11-09-09 04:21 PM
    Removing the battery worked for me like a charm. Bizarre.
    12-17-09 10:21 PM
    So the OTA is that the Sprint version? I have dl the televav(not sprint) and it just gives me a trial.

12-27-09 08:26 PM
    I tired the texting to the number and it still has not help. I can't seem to get my icon back. NEEDS HELP???
    03-19-10 02:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD