I have two lines with at&t, i was wondering if i added another blackberry with unlimited date+unlimited text, would they give me a price break, or just be the greedy money hungry corperation they usually are?
    02-13-09 06:22 AM
    While you can share a voice plan, AT&T always maximizes revenue from data plans. In other words, NO you need a separate plan for each line.
    02-13-09 06:23 AM
    While you can share a voice plan, AT&T always maximizes revenue from data plans. In other words, NO you need a separate plan for each line.
    So pretty much im looking at $100 extra in data/unlimited text.
    Nice
    02-13-09 06:28 AM
    Yea they wouldn't do that. Cost them a lot more on the data side. Will you both be using it a lot though? You could always get like a non unlimited plan if their usage isn't going to be really high.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-13-09 06:33 AM
    So pretty much im looking at $100 extra in data/unlimited text.
    Nice
    You can do family unlimited text for $30 rather than paying $20 for each line for unlimited text, but yes data will still be $30 per line.
    02-13-09 06:36 AM
    Yea they wouldn't do that. Cost them a lot more on the data side. Will you both be using it a lot though? You could always get like a non unlimited plan if their usage isn't going to be really high.

Well actually both lines are mine, i had an iPhone on the 2nd line, but im a true crackberry user, been since 2004.

So it really doesnt make sense, i might as well just bite the bullet and ETF the other line.
    02-13-09 07:17 AM
    I have two lines with at&t, i was wondering if i added another blackberry with unlimited date+unlimited text, would they give me a price break, or just be the greedy money hungry corperation they usually are?
    AT&T doesn't discount the data packages because RIM actually takes a significant chunk of that 30/month charge. However, ther text you can discount by adding the Family unlimited text. It's $30/month and it covers all members on the family plan. So if you have a package on each line right now, we'd remove it, and replace with the family plan.
    02-13-09 07:33 PM
    I have a 3-line family plan with 2 Blackberrys on it. Sorry, but no discount on the second Blackberry BIS Data package, still a $30 add-on...such is life
    02-13-09 09:26 PM
    I would love a family data plan but as stated
    Earlier the data is much more expensive to
    Offer so I don't see this happening especialy
    With people like me that suck as much data
    As possible per month. However it is a great
    Idea. I have 3 blackberry data plans on my
    Bill so I'm out 90 bucks right off the bat, then
    30 bucks unlinmited texting and 100 for voice
    plan......
    My head is starting to hurt.......nose bleeding..
    .... Head exploding!!!!!!!

02-16-09 09:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD