Its been almost 2 months since i gave up my first gen iPhone for the Bold. The reason for the switch was purely business, everyone at the workplace communicates through PINing. At first i LOVED the physical keyboard as it made for easier texting and e-mailing. After that my experience with the bold was downhill. I am currently on my third bold (#1 WiFi would never connect, no matter what router/settings were used, #2 Headphone jack never worked).

I find that the iPhone was a lot more fun, I could play games, EASILY surf the net. The browser on the Bold as compared to the iPhone is pure GARBAGE. I loved the Multi-Tabbing and the ease of entering web addresses. Also, WiFi on the iPhone loaded websites faster than the bold.

Overall I truly wish there was a way to communicate with BlackBerry's through the iPhone.

One Question: I have a plan from Rogers for 500mB of data, if i was to put my Sim card back in the iPhone, would I be able to use that data? I called rogers and got both Yes and No as answers.

Thanks for reading
    02-12-09 02:13 PM
    Yes, absolutely.
    02-12-09 02:14 PM
    yes and no on your data question. From all the various threads I've read up on the sim card switch blackberry/iphone it seems hit and miss for people.
    02-12-09 02:53 PM
    Yes, absolutely.
    lol hahaha
    02-12-09 02:53 PM
    When I switched from my iPhone to Bold, I wasn't able to use the same SIM card
    I don't know if the sales person just didn't know what they were talking about...but he said my SIM wasn't compatible with the iPhone.

I missed my iPhone for some things...so I bought the iPod Touch...it has all the same fun features as the iPhone!
    02-12-09 02:54 PM
    You can put a BB activated sim in an iPhone, but not the other way around. It has to do with BIS/BES.
    02-12-09 02:58 PM
    I switched from a 3g to a Bold and proud of it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 03:49 PM
    I'm thinking about picking up an ipod touch also. Some of those games were really fun.
    02-12-09 03:50 PM
    You can put a BB activated sim in an iPhone, but not the other way around. It has to do with BIS/BES.
    What? Yes you can. I switched my iPhone 3G activated SIM into my Bold and haven't had any problems.
    02-12-09 03:53 PM
    What? Yes you can. I switched my iPhone 3G activated SIM into my Bold and haven't had any problems.
    Activated is the key. You can't just take it out, put it in a Bold, and get complete functionality. You would not be signed up for BIS as part of your package.
    02-12-09 03:56 PM
    The best of both worlds--get an itouch to satisfy that iphone toy/games need.

I am very happy with my bold and I play around on my itouch.
    02-12-09 03:56 PM
    The only thing about using the ipod for gaming is that if I'm going to drop that kind of money why don't I just get a psp or a ds.

02-12-09 04:26 PM
    Yea psp or ds. Hack'em and you're good to go.

02-12-09 04:29 PM
    Activated is the key. You can't just take it out, put it in a Bold, and get complete functionality. You would not be signed up for BIS as part of your package.
    I think you're talking about data plan and not the SIM itself? I switched my iphone activated sim to my bold, called in to get the bb data plan and that was it.

02-12-09 04:58 PM
    Within reason, I'm right there with you... I prefer how easy it is to customize my Bold, and the physical keyboard, but damn do I miss that screen (minus the touch part of it), how fantastic internet was to use on it, and all the programs... I had the first gen iPhone then the 3G...

But in the end, I am happy with the Bold... The keyboard really does make a huge difference for me when typing and overall use...
    02-12-09 05:55 PM
    Yeah im still on the fence about if i want to ditch the iphone and get the bold. I like getting everyones view about it though from both sides of the fence.
    02-12-09 05:58 PM
    I think you're talking about data plan
    Yes, that was the OP's question, about data. We all know the phone will work and that the sims are interchangeable.
    02-12-09 06:04 PM
    hmmm, seems there are alot of bold users switching now.
    02-12-09 06:37 PM
    hmmm, seems there are alot of bold users switching now.
    I think too many bought one thinking it was a consumer phone. I like it, and thinks it does a whole lot very well, but it's still a Blackberry.
    02-12-09 06:44 PM
    I have never used the iphone but I went from the att tilt to the bold and I have no clue how I aurvived so long without it. Amazing phone so far.

02-12-09 07:22 PM
    For business use, it beats the iphone hands down. For entertainment....

02-12-09 07:51 PM
    I had an iPhone for a while and I'm still in the air as to which I like more. A BB or an iPhone. I really think it's a toss up! At least for me anyway...
    02-12-09 08:41 PM
    i think the two are on different niches
    iphone is more of a consumer multi media phone
    bb is a business phone
    02-12-09 08:45 PM
    well i used the e-mail function on the iPhone and loved it too (minus the fact that I couldn't get hotmail). The only reason was the PIN's. I actually debated whether or not to carry the iPhone as a primary device and the bold for Data only. The only thing that scared me was the attraction to muggers.

No doubt the bold is a powerful device but for me the iPhone was a better fit. I have thought about grabbing the iTouch so i'll see where that goes
    02-12-09 09:05 PM
    I think too many bought one thinking it was a consumer phone. I like it, and thinks it does a whole lot very well, but it's still a Blackberry.
    hahah, the times have changed. I remember when everyone wanted to trade their iphones for the bold. the "good ol days". Im actually pretty happy with my bold still. 2 and a half months strong.
    02-12-09 09:23 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD