I purchased an 8900 on Wednesday and should recieve it tomorrow (according to UPS). I wanted to know, if anyone has heard or knows if the Otterbox is Available for the 8900 yet? I dont want to use the phone without a case (Afraid of scratching or possibly dropping the Phone), I have an Otterbox case for my itouch and i absolutely love it, this is the one main reason why i want to purchase it for my 8900 as well. Are there better cases out there that cover the phone completely like the otterbox?
    Thanks Guys
    02-12-09 01:02 PM
    The Otterbox, IMO, is the most complete. No idea when they are coming out with one. I just received the Innocase II and this thing is nice and i believe protect it well. Below is the black one, but they have other colors too!!

Innocase II Surface Combo, Black
    02-12-09 01:06 PM
    I have seem them, dont know if there out yet though.
    02-12-09 01:09 PM
    I went on otterbox.com and i didnt see it specifically for the 8900 are you sure she has the 8900 and not the Bold (9000)? I have been looking on their website since i learned about the phone but have not seen it specifically say for the Curve 8900!!!
    02-12-09 01:13 PM
    I have an otterbox for my 8320. This case makes the phone almost indestructable. That being said, it is very heavy and adds a LOT of bulk to the phone. I was paranoid about 'breaking' my 8320 and that was the reason I bought the otterbox - I quickly quit using it because of the heavy weight.
    02-12-09 01:40 PM
    I take my phone with me when I go hiking, so I was wondering the same thing. I tried calling Otterbox yesterday but they weren't answering their phones. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
    02-12-09 02:39 PM
    I personally don't like the design of the otterbox. The 8900 is such a beautiful phone. With the otterbox on, it just looks bulky and ugly in my opinion.

Given the choice, I would opt for something like the BSE or Invisible shield to protect my phone.
    02-12-09 04:13 PM
    I personally don't like the design of the otterbox. The 8900 is such a beautiful phone. With the otterbox on, it just looks bulky and ugly in my opinion.

Given the choice, I would opt for something like the BSE or Invisible shield to protect my phone.
    Form follows function, my friend.
    02-13-09 12:44 AM
    I agree that the OtterBox looks a little clunky, but it's so durable. I think that if the BB's going out on the trails or to the gym that it's definitely going to be much safer in an OtterBox than anything else.

I rock an 8900 too and that's the only way I'll take 'er out into the rough.
    05-04-09 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD