Hi,
    Has anyone been able to get caching to work for Slacker radio? The instructions say I'm supposed to see a pop up box that allows me to sync with Slacker sync program (when I connect bb to pc with usb cable), but I don't see that. Any help or instructions would be much appreciated!
    02-12-09 10:17 AM
    Your autoruns are off. Navigate to your sd card and there should be a slacker.sync.exe or something. Click I. It works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 10:36 AM
    Hi,
    Has anyone been able to get caching to work for Slacker radio? The instructions say I'm supposed to see a pop up box that allows me to sync with Slacker sync program (when I connect bb to pc with usb cable), but I don't see that. Any help or instructions would be much appreciated!
    I had the same problem. Try this: connect your phone to DM, open media sync, and then the screen you are referring to should pop up saying slacker is updating or something like that. That's how I got it to work. And after that, each time I connect my phone and want to update Slacker, I have to open media sync (media manager) in the DM (I cant remember exactly how it is called)
    02-12-09 10:44 AM
    Your autoruns are off. Navigate to your sd card and there should be a slacker.sync.exe or something. Click I. It works great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is what I do. Currently have 11 stations cached.
    02-12-09 11:03 AM
    Has anyone had the problem where you update the OS or restore your phone and it loses track of your cached aritists? I have had to re-cache way too many times!
    02-12-09 11:13 AM
    I updated yesterday to .103 and I also lost all my cached stations
    02-12-09 11:16 AM
    I updated yesterday to .103 and I also lost all my cached stations
    Has anyone had the problem where you update the OS or restore your phone and it loses track of your cached aritists? I have had to re-cache way too many times!
    Yes your license changes when you update the OS, sux to recache every OS change, especially since the first one is the one that takes the longest...

Hi,

Like others have said, there is a slacker update.exe on your memory card, just navigate to it in mass storage with your pc, double click and it will launch. You might have to allow it, depending on your firewall AV settings.
    02-12-09 11:21 AM
    Yes your license changes when you update the OS, sux to recache every OS change, especially since the first one is the one that takes the longest...

Like others have said, there is a slacker update.exe on your memory card, just navigate to it in mass storage with your pc, double click and it will launch. You might have to allow it, depending on your firewall AV settings.
    I have Vista on my pc. I couldn't find that update.exe file anywhere on my memory card when looked for it on my pc with the phone connected. I would see that file if I looked on my phone directly (not my pc). There was some slacker folder on my memory card, but no .exe file. As i said before, I opened media manager and my stations cached that way
    02-12-09 11:30 AM
    Yes, I also read instructions to navigate to the drive the bb is mapped to on my pc and find the slacker.synclauncher.exe, but I see no files at all on the bb - just the folders. Anybody know what's up with that? I also tried opening the dm and media manager, but nothing happened.
    02-12-09 12:04 PM
    Yes, I also read instructions to navigate to the drive the bb is mapped to on my pc and find the slacker.synclauncher.exe, but I see no files at all on the bb - just the folders. Anybody know what's up with that? I also tried opening the dm and media manager, but nothing happened.
    All of the cache files are on your card, that's why you absolutely need all of the app permissions to be set to allow.
    02-12-09 12:46 PM
    synclauncher.exe is located on the root of the card and not in the BB or slacker folders
    02-12-09 12:55 PM
    I am running .75 and was having the same issues. Then I did the following.

- I went into Options, Memory, Set Encryption Mode to OFF. When it is
    set to on, it adds .rem at the end of all the files on your card so the
    slackersync app will not run with that attached.
    - In Options change Mass Storage Mode Support to ON
    - In Options Auto Enable Mass Storage mode to either On or Prompt.
    - Open up Slacker, click on the Blackberry button to open up the
    Slacker Menu. Choose Reset Account. This will delete all the files
    associated with Slacker on your memory card.

Close Slacker and reopen it. Select a station you want to cache. Once it's selected to cache. Plug you Storm into your PC. Since its in Mass Storage mode, open up the windows explorer. Right click on the drive that is associated with your Media Card. You should see the Slacker logo and an menu item to sync Slakcer Stations.

Hope this helps someone. Took me a while but it works GREAT!!!!
    02-12-09 01:23 PM
    I am getting the same problem the only file i have in my slacker folder is guide.xml
    02-12-09 01:49 PM
    go to options > memmory

enable mass storage mode > on
    mas storage mode when connected > yes

then unplug the usb from the phone, replug and the auto run should have slacker cachiing as an option
    02-16-09 08:48 AM
    Hi, thanks for all the replies. I did get it to work, but still have some questions. I went to the Media Sync on the DM. Nothing popped up automatically. When I clicked on the media card in Media Sync, I saw the files on the card, and saw the program for Slacker Sync. Once I double-clicked on this, the caching procedure started. But what is "autorun"? And how would I have disabled it? Also, I still can't see any files in Windows explorer (I have Windows XP), either on the device or the media card. Should I?
    02-16-09 10:37 AM

Close Slacker and reopen it. Select a station you want to cache. Once it's selected to cache. Plug you Storm into your PC. Since its in Mass Storage mode, open up the windows explorer. Right click on the drive that is associated with your Media Card. You should see the Slacker logo and an menu item to sync Slakcer Stations.

Thank you, I was having the same problem with Slacker not caching stations and nothing showing in the media card folder and your post was dead on! I did exactly what you said and I got it working, and it wasn't that hard. Rock On! Thanks suezyg23.
    02-16-09 02:53 PM

Worked like a charm!
    02-21-09 11:33 AM
    i'm new to slacker, I figured out how to cache but i dont get why we do this. I'm alo confused if I make a station by artist name why do I get a variety of other artists too? Kinda wondering whats the point.. If I want a Josh Groban station I dont want to hear Hillary Duff too.
    03-09-09 05:23 PM
    Caching will retrieve songs for your selected stations and store them on your BB device. This happens only when the device is connected to your computer via USB (and the computer having internet connectivity).

The advantage of cached songs is that when playing them, you don't get the delay of retrieving each song "over the air" through your wireless carrier data pipe (5 secs or more between songs, for example) or occasional transfer hiccups causing your song to stutter. And if you entirely lose the wireless connection (say, in an underground parking garage), you can still listen to the cached songs.

When you enter an artist name, Slacker will offer you a pre-programmed station for this artist along with other "related" artists. This is how they could introduce you to other artists, which is a plus for many who like to explore in that fashion. Ultimately, the Music Label companies want you to buy more, so the more songs and artists they expose to you, the higher the chances of you purchasing.

You could always "ban" the artists you don't like (as opposed to "favorite"), so that they don't play again for you in the future.
    Last edited by PeekPoke; 03-09-09 at 05:57 PM.
    03-09-09 05:55 PM
    I have a SD memory card in my phone but, when I try to cache a station with Slacker running, I get the message that I need a memory card to do that. I have mass storage mode disabled - is that the correct setting?

Any advice would be much appreciated!
    05-09-09 09:44 PM
    Thanks. Didn't know what went wrong. Found the file and everything's great now.
    06-05-09 09:22 PM
    it took me almost 2 hours to figure out that the USB driver for my memory card wasn't installed. here's what i did to install the driver, after which time the slacker sync program worked just as set forth on the slacker help site:

right click on My Computer
    select Manager
    select Device Manager under System Tools
    expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
    select USB Mass Storage Device (should have a yellow exclamation mark
    over it if no driver is installed)
    right click and select Properties
    select Troubleshoot to install the driver automatically
    restart your computer, then connect your bb to usb port--the pop up window
    should appear upon startup with an option to sync to slacker

i hope this is helpful!

mmphelps
    07-20-09 04:53 PM
    it took me almost 2 hours to figure out that the USB driver for my memory card wasn't installed. here's what i did to install the driver, after which time the slacker sync program worked just as set forth on the slacker help site:

right click on My Computer
    select Manager
    select Device Manager under System Tools
    expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
    select USB Mass Storage Device (should have a yellow exclamation mark
    over it if no driver is installed)
    right click and select Properties
    select Troubleshoot to install the driver automatically
    restart your computer, then connect your bb to usb port--the pop up window
    should appear upon startup with an option to sync to slacker

i hope this is helpful!

mmphelps
    timestamp

o and welcome to cb

(at least u were helping )
    07-20-09 05:44 PM
    I read through this thread and found it a bit helpful. When I plug my Storm9350 into the computer with the USB my only options in that folder are to "Do nothing" and to sync using Windows Media Player. Those are my only options. I do not get the blackberry pop up window like other speak of or the blackberry home page and other various sites have shown.

I clicked the sync with WMP, saw that I could sync with my media card. So I selected that and opened up Slacker - Media - Cache. But my main concern is I have lots of songs on my computer and lots already on my phone in the media file. I don't want the songs I am caching to mix with the songs already on my phone from what I downloaded. So when I click the Sync settings I ensure one box is checked. I don't think my understanding of what was suppose to happen is correct.

Am I able to sync the cached stations without involving other songs on my computer and phone? Thanks !
    11-04-09 08:20 AM

The auto sync worked fine for me until I upgraded my computer to Windows 7. I tried the above steps but don't see the menu item to sync Slacker. Now I just open up windows explorer and click on the synclauncher.exe.
    11-04-09 10:49 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD