I have just bought the missing sync. Hve downloaded the software on my mac but on my BB it says that missing sync can't start because it can't open SMS listener. Does anyone know what this means or what I can do about it?
    02-12-09 09:51 AM
    I have the same error with the blackberry bold and the new version of missing sync. I had no problems with the beta.
    02-14-09 02:00 PM
    I assume both of you have submitted a trouble ticket to Mark Space. I did and the only response was "thanks for the ticket we will get back to you" So needless to say still waiting.
    02-14-09 02:07 PM
    I have the same problem. This is technical support reply....daoes any of you can say something more?

"Hello,

Ok, the SMS listener error on the BlackBerry Missing Sync application is the key. It needs to be running in order to sync.

On your BlackBerry, go to Options > Advanced > Applications

Then can you list all installed applications.

Need I to install SMS listener? How ca I do?

PS.
    BlackBery Storm
    02-20-09 07:19 AM
    I'm having the same problem. I'm still going round and round with M/S trying to figure it out. The latest suggestion was to disable the firewall under security but it was already disabled. I'll wait another 5 days before they respond back to that one.

Make sure to post back to this thread if you find a solution, thanks!
    02-20-09 12:21 PM
    M/S sent me a link to a different version of 2.0 but it still doesn't work. Another thread talked about removing Viigo and then it worked but I never had Viigo. I'm wondering if there's another app that's causing this error like Viigo does. What if you really liked Viigo, would you have to choose which app to keep?

Any other ideas?
    02-20-09 06:15 PM
    I have the same issue - cannot run app on my Curve 8330 as soon as I do it says "Cant start - couldnt open SMS listener." Not only that but now normal USB sync wont work and now I am totall SOL. Nice return on a $29 investment.... I am pissed off.
    02-22-09 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD