Has anybody figured out what causes the random resets?

I have read that a lot of people have their phone reset by itself sometimes multiple times a day. I got my storm 5 days after release and never had any resets (or problems) up til a couple days ago. A little history: The only software upgrade I did was to the .75 offical verizon release and I have also not added any new programs in the past 1.5 - 2 months. Anyway over the past 3 days my phone has reset by itself about 5 or 6 times. What would all of a sudden cause this as I never had this problem prior and haven't installed any new programs.
    02-12-09 07:43 AM
    Only had my phone about a month now. Currently im running .99 and my phone has random reboots as well but luckily its only about once a day that I catch it rebooting. The wierdest thing is what sets it off though. so far it has done it from instant messengers/playing media/watching youtube/playing games/and the wierdest one is now when I plug the headphones into the phone. I wish I knew what was causing them but due to the random nature of it I really cant tell.
    02-12-09 08:11 AM
    I got my storm on release day and I have noticed it reset itself only twice. Once being like last week. Both times I wasnt doing anything. Once i pulled it out to text a friend and it was rebooting and the other time last week it was just sitting by my computer and I saw the screen go white. btw still running official .75 and i've never tried installing a newer leak.
    02-12-09 08:59 AM
    For the record all the times my phone reset itself over the past couple days I wasn't using it....it was just sitting there and started resetting
    02-12-09 09:09 AM
    Among other reasons, one thing I discovered is that if you lose your signal for a time, the phone restarts. I dont know the predetermined time for lost signal with this bug, but I have had it happen several times. The best was when my Storm and my girlfriends Storm were on a table next to each other and they simultaneously rebooted. This was due to our location and loss of signal. When the phones booted, we let them sit and sure enough, they rebooted again. Finally upon reboot, I shut off the radio and left hers on. Hers rebooted and mine did not.
    02-12-09 09:30 AM
    Yes mine has done this alot the last few days..This needs to be fixed.

It just happens when I am not using I just notice it starts over..
    02-12-09 09:44 AM
    I'm on my 5th storm... And everyone has been infected with random reset problems I called verizon last night and got a great tech on the phone who had me back everything up and then wipe the handheld and re install everything. So far so good!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 09:53 AM
    I have the same reset many times in last few days.

Have changed a storm before because of the same reason 2 weeks back. The new one was good until 2 days back.

Did complete reset ..no help.

Today called Verizon support, they asked to do *228 one more time to reactivate.

No Good solution from them, they just tell, do this and other. They are not sure themselves.
    02-12-09 10:17 AM
    mine use to do it all the time. Take it back get a new one. My new one hasnt had one yet
    02-12-09 10:53 AM
    I had one that had random resets. I have a new one now (same OS software and 3rd Party apps) and no random resets. I basically did a back up from the old phone and restored to my new one. I'm not convinced this is a software issue so exchanging your phone might be a good option.
    02-12-09 10:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD