I have a tmobile usa 8900 but am using it on AT&T right now. How do I remove all the tmobile splas screens and browser screens on the device and make them blackberry generic?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-09 03:10 AM
    You cannot do this. The splash screen and browser screen are a part of the phone put there at manufacture. There is no way to ever change this so you had better get to love it.

This is like my Dell laptop always says Dell when it starts up - no way to remove this. I can change the OS but it always says Dell.
    02-11-09 04:40 AM
    I have a tmobile usa 8900 but am using it on AT&T right now. How do I remove all the tmobile splas screens and browser screens on the device and make them blackberry generic?

Try upgrading the OS without the "vendor.xml". I don't think it can take off the startup splash image but it may take away some of the phone's branding.
    02-11-09 05:55 AM
    Well it doesn't bother me but I would just like to know how.

02-11-09 07:08 AM
    Try upgrading the OS without the "vendor.xml". I don't think it can take off the startup splash image but it may take away some of the phone's branding.
    No, it does not. I have tried this myself. Teh branding is in the ROM and is called by the OS as needed. Nice idea though.
    02-11-09 07:16 AM
    No, it does not. I have tried this myself. Teh branding is in the ROM and is called by the OS as needed. Nice idea though.
    The ROM needs to be re-flashed (in theory) but I have no ways of doing this nor do I endorse the flashing of ROMs on your device.
    02-11-09 08:01 AM
    I don't think there is a way. If it doesn't bother keep it!

02-11-09 11:06 AM
    There is a way. Google is your partner in crime.
    02-11-09 11:09 AM
    I would warn against trying the procedure you will find on Google unless you are VERY familiar with your device, are comfortable with the risk of ruining the phone, and can afford to replace your device if/when you screw it up beyond repair.

It is much easier and safer to sell your current device and purchase a new one that is for your actual company of service.
    02-11-09 01:09 PM
    I would warn against trying the procedure you will find on Google unless you are VERY familiar with your device, are comfortable with the risk of ruining the phone, and can afford to replace your device if/when you screw it up beyond repair.

It is much easier and safer to sell your current device and purchase a new one that is for your actual company of service.
    Yup. Unless it really bugs you, don't mess around with the core of the phone. Else, you may screw it up beyond use and you'll end up with a paperweight or an expensive repair bill.

Not worth the risk.
    02-11-09 01:14 PM

Yup. Unless it really bugs you, don't mess around with the core of the phone. Else, you may screw it up beyond use and you'll end up with a paperweight or an expensive repair bill.

Not worth the risk.
    02-11-09 01:16 PM
    This is like my Dell laptop always says Dell when it starts up - no way to remove this. I can change the OS but it always says Dell.
    Your bootsplash screen?

That's just a part of your BIOS. It's easy to change that screen on a PC.

I used to have ASCII art of a middle finger as my bootsplash screen on my old 486 laptop in High School.
    02-11-09 02:45 PM
    Your bootsplash screen?

That's just a part of your BIOS. It's easy to change that screen on a PC.

I used to have ASCII art of a middle finger as my bootsplash screen on my old 486 laptop in High School.
    hahahaha that's oldschool bro
    12-19-09 04:48 AM
    Bringing the thread back from the dead!
    12-19-09 06:54 AM
    Impossible
    12-24-09 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD