Its been a couple weeks now since I've gotten any alerts from the MySpace app. on my BB. I get the updates (such as new messages && new friend request, etc.) on the pc but I don't receive notifications on my BB MySpace app. Am I the only one or is everyone having the same problem??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 11:24 PM
    I haven't gotten anything in a while either, but I haven't noticed it either. I'll check when I get home. If you log in to the mobile site (not the app) are your notifications there?
    02-10-09 11:29 PM
    I'm not getting them as well.

02-10-09 11:32 PM
    Yes, if I log on into the mobile site the notifications are there. But I don't know why I don't receive them on the app.

02-10-09 11:56 PM
    I think you have to change your sign in email to link up with your phone on one of your blackberry emails. If that makes since

02-11-09 12:14 AM
    Just logged into MySpace via my laptop. There is now a new way to get MySpace alerts via text. You need to go into "My Account" and sync your phone with MySpace. However you will be getting text messages versus the notification thru BB. This will add to your SMS count so if you have a data plan that only allows a certain amount of text messages this could be an issue. I did leave Tom a message about the sudden cease in notifications.
    02-11-09 08:40 AM
    The email add. that I have on my MySpace account is also one of my BB emails. But still no alerts. Which sucks cause I have to keep logging in on PC or on my web browser to see if I have any notifications...
    02-11-09 02:57 PM
    I started receiving MySpace alerts again this morning.

02-11-09 05:13 PM
    What did you do different? I get them emailed to me. But not on the Mypace app itself like Facebook does.
    02-12-09 08:24 AM
    I havent gotten any new notifiecations on the MySpace app either...and when I log into MySpace there are plenty or even if I go into the app and see that there is a new unread email but no notification icon.
    02-12-09 08:32 AM
    Well I am getting notifications with an audile alert but no little icon on the home screen like facebook and yahoo. I used to get this icon.
    02-15-09 04:37 PM
    What did you do different? I get them emailed to me. But not on the Mypace app itself like Facebook does.
    ditto... if anyone finds anything please link back..

i guess ill try to uninstall and reinstall...

wish this app was as solid as facebook, it really is just a memory hog at the minute...
    02-17-09 11:16 AM
    I read in a different forum that the MySpace app does not alert you for comments, but that it does for messages etc.

02-17-09 01:42 PM
    It only worked for one day for me, then it stopped again. The day I posted it had started working was the only day it worked.

02-17-09 02:06 PM
    it works off and on for me. i get emails most of the time, but every once in a while i get an app notification.
    03-29-09 09:23 AM
    I have the myspace app installed but there is no icon for it. I tried uninstall and re-install but it still does not show up. I have an 8130 Pearl. Any suggestions to get the icon?
    03-29-09 01:52 PM
    when i got the app, it worked fine. then i disabled email alerts, and i stopped getting message notifications, etc. i recently re-enabled all of the email alerts, and i get the myspace alerts just fine. the only email alert i get now is when people accept my friend request. i think the email settings are the key.
    03-30-09 05:27 PM
    Arghhhh. My wife and I got our Curves the same day. Installed FB same day. She gets little red star everytime, and message notifications. I got them for a day or two then no star, intermittent message notifications. Tried multiple delete and re-install. I am ready to forget facebook on the Curve.....
    08-10-09 11:57 PM
    Yeah my myspace app doesn't even update at all anymore.

08-11-09 01:11 AM
    I'm having the same issue. Guess there's no known resolution to this yet lol
    08-11-09 01:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD