Just today I have not been getting my emails from Gmail to my BB 8130. I did a quick pull, but they are still not showing.

Is there something else I can do here?
    02-10-09 05:59 PM
    Try resending your service books. If that doesn't work try deleting and re-adding the email account to your BIS. That's what fixed mine. I went from not getting any to getting 7 copies of every email sent to me.

Good luck
    02-10-09 06:06 PM
    OK for someone who is computer illiterate please tell me how to resend your service books?

Also what is BIS?

Ok I resent my service books, so we will see if that works, but I still need to know what BIS is lol.

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by kostnkost; 02-10-09 at 06:14 PM. Reason: adding a sentence
    02-10-09 06:08 PM
    you need to log into your BIS account and on the let side of the screen there is a menu of items. Click on service books and then click on the button that says "Send Service Books"
    02-10-09 06:14 PM
    BIS... Blackberry Internet Service
    02-10-09 06:16 PM
    ok its been a half an hour now and only one of my emails came through. I send a few test emails that did not make it, so I guess the next step is to delete and then add the account over.
    02-10-09 06:43 PM
    Are you getting the hourglass or any other e-mails? Are you running Facebook,Viigo, or myspace?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-09 07:23 PM
    Are you getting the hourglass or any other e-mails? Are you running Facebook,Viigo, or myspace?

It seems to be working now although it did not show one of my test emails.

I am not running any of those programs as well and I am not getting the hourglass either.
    02-10-09 07:31 PM
    Ok, a lot of the Pearl problems have been related to those apps is why I asked. Glad you seem to be getting it resolved!

02-10-09 07:33 PM
    I was just going to ask him if he has Facebook on his phone. I had the facebook app for the first week I had my phone and it was a nightmare! It killed my battery! I get 4 days out of my battery now instead of the 1 (if i was lucky) with facebook on my phone.

Other problems were that Facebook was a memory HOG and it seemed like the program Hijacked my data connection and wouldn't let emails or instant messages to be delivered to my phone

IMHO having Facebook on my berry is just a waste of valuable available file space!
    02-10-09 07:35 PM
    i had that problem on my curve all the time, so i just deleted the email account through blackberry and downloaded the gmail app. it works great and i don't get woken up at 3 in the morning from getting spam mail.
    02-10-09 07:42 PM
    Yes, I posted on one earlier that FB on a Pearl was like driving an Escalade with a 10hp Briggs and Stratton.

02-10-09 07:56 PM
    I was just looking though the other threads and discovered that RIM is having issues once again! I am now not receiving email either. What have they been up to with their servers lately?
    02-10-09 07:58 PM
    OK still having issues so I assume it has something to do with this RIM that you mention. Is this some kind of server that is down?
    02-10-09 08:35 PM
    This is the wireless company who created the Blackberry.
    02-10-09 08:42 PM
    i had that problem on my curve all the time, so i just deleted the email account through blackberry and downloaded the gmail app. it works great and i don't get woken up at 3 in the morning from getting spam mail.

I was curious if you can have the app alert you when you do get an email. If so, I will definitely make the switch if this problem keeps rearing its ugly head.
    02-10-09 08:48 PM
    OK now I am getting the emails but an hour late. I did notice the email text has gotten smaller, so it looks as though they are messing with something.
    02-11-09 04:01 AM
    my emails have been delayed all day tuesday
    02-11-09 04:09 AM
    i had this problem, but i followed the advice in the thread, deleted and re did my BB email and it seems to be working ok...until next time...
    02-13-09 08:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD